Sunday, August 12, 2012

1st Australian Light Horse


I’ve had a productive weekend so far. Heck, I’ve been pretty darn productive all week. This is what happens when the kids (and more recently myself) are all sick and don’t go anywhere all week and are too sore in the throat to do much reading with each other… When not sleeping, they play, I paint toys… I’d much rather be getting out and DOING stuff with what remains of the summer. Summer colds suck.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):

Australian Light Horsemen from Brigade Games.

I like these figures. Teh detail is a bit finer and thus a tad trickier to paint than the Renegade Cavalry I just finished up, but the horses are solid. 

The marker flag/pennant is that of the 1st Light Horse. I also tried to do the shoulder patches on the few that are wearing their tunics.

A little preview of what’s coming up next:

French Foreign Legionnaires from Artizan Designs. Not quite Great War. I might be able to pass them off as such… I mean the metropolitan troops were still in blue great coats and red trousers… But I think the Legion was actually in khaki by 1914.

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

The rest of the unit of Legionnaires. I also have some modern police, WW2 Soviet NKVD and British Paras, Early Great War German Jagers, Later Great War British (Canadian) Vickers teams and a pile of other odd and sundry items on the workbench… Probably the cops will be next after the Legionnaires… But who knows really… it could be an Amazon General in a chariot!? 

6 comments:

  1. In 'March or Die', Gene Hackman's Legionnaires are wearing blue coats and white trousers after the war has ended. If it's good enough for Hollywood, it should be good enough for you!

    More seriously, Plynkes (of Lead Adventures fame) says they looked like this:
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/Plynkes/LegionGallipoli.jpg

    Pretty close, just with a pith helmet in place of the kepi with sunshade.

    Will Bailie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on the Light Horse Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Light Horsemen are awesome Tim. Very nice work.

    ReplyDelete