Sunday, March 1, 2009

More Dwarf Highlanders

Two down, four to go – another stand of Ghost Miniatures Dwarfish Highlanders complete.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


While I have another four stands worth of these guys to paint, I think I’m only going to finish up one more for the time being, then move on to the Normans. I ought to finish up the basic requirements for the wargames weekend before working on too many optional extras for any one particular army…

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

5 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I've been admiring your miniatures in your posts. Just curious - what do you use for the bases and also the basing material on the bases?
    Thanks,
    Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bases I cut from 1/8" MDF. Once the figres are painted and glued on I apply "base goop" - which is a mix of brown paint, carpenters glue and/or acrylic gel, and model railroad ballast. Once dry I dry brush it with lighter browns and add some static grass and other goodies...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great beard on the white-haired guy. Just drybrushing? Or some sort of more devious technique? Also great tartan on his kilt.

    Bob in Edmonton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, mostly drybrushing. I have a pretty steady hand and so sometimes, if there is a lot of definition to the hairs (deep grooves between individual hairs), I will do a light - VERY light - dry brush just so I can see the individual hairs a bit better and then paint them individually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tim,

    Love your work on the Dwarves. Any chance of photos of the remainder of the collection of Dwarfs you have as I'm interested in maybe purchasing them.

    What's your view of these miniatures by Ghost miniatures?

    Chow,

    Helen

    ReplyDelete