Monday, April 4, 2011


More Zulus! I finally finished a whole unit of them! I’ve been back and forth about what size to make these units. It’s going to be 10, 15, or 20 – mostly because I can neatly fit them in rows of 10 in the storage drawers… sad, perhaps, but that’s the way I am. I had toyed with the idea of having the unmarried units (such as these below) in units of 20 and the married warriors in units of 15, but I think I’ve more or less settled on units of 15 (but I guess that could change depending on the scenario – benefits of singly based figures!). Ten seems too few to represent formation of company or battalion size. Twenty would just be WAAAAAY too many toys to paint.

More rambling on the Zulu War shortly…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)

These are unmarried warriors from Wargames Foundry. The spears and shields are separate, which makes for a pain in the butt to put together, but also makes form some lively, animated figures!

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Um… Mike’s minis (no…really – I finished one up last night except for the basing, another will be finished along with it tonight and I have another four well on their way)… and then some British – just to mix some things up I’ll probably go back and forth between British and Zulus.


  1. Nice job. Yes, I find separate shields and weapons a pain too but the results are so nice! Drilling out hands, though--that is an awful things to have to do. Plastics are very nice that way, with open hands.

  2. 'Zulus! Thaaasuunds if 'em!' :D

  3. 'Zulus! Thaaassunndds of 'em!'

  4. Bloody hell!

    (monocle pops out)