Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Napoleonic British Brigadiers


My (sadly) first submission to Curt’s Spring Thaw Napoleonic Painting Challenge… I said I’d participate back in… February…? Or whenever he started it… and so far I’ve completed this one stand… I don’t want to end up DFL!

Unfortunately it’s the most useless stand I could paint because I’ve a) already have a command stand and b) only have ONE battalion to be commanded (let alone a Brigade)!?

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


Orders sir!

These chaps are from Front Rank Figures. I quite like them. If ever I paint up the Naps that I currently have an decided I should buy MORE(!?) I’d definitely pick up some more from Front Rank…

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Um… Zulus….? British…? Hobgoblins…? Napoleonic Royal Artillery and Rifles…!? I dunno…

3 comments:

  1. But its Jocks they're commanding so they need at least two!

    Looks great, Tim!

    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. So... You're saying a battalion of Jocks is equal to two brigades of Frenchmen...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, but being a Campbell I'm naturally biased.

    They're certainly unruly enough when in combat to warrant two brigade commanders.

    Though some would argue they are so dozy that they need two as well...

    As my Grandda Campbell would say to us kids at Christmas while holding out the candy tray, (in a Scots brogue) "Take as many as you like, luvs - Take two."

    ReplyDelete