Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Ranger and a Mage Walk into a Forest…

…The ranger bends down to investigate a pile of dung. The mage says, “I guess we won’t be needing that crossbow after all”. The Ranger says, “[insert your own punchline here]”.

Two more of Mike’s D&D Characters (or NPCs as the case may be…).

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


These two, and the remaining two which I shall likely finish up tonight, are from Dark Sword Miniatures. They are very nice figures. The detail on them is very fine. This may be all very nice and realistically proportioned and stuff... but, man, is it a pain in the butt to paint.

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

A couple more Bad Ass D&D characters… A couple Lord of the Rings figures have crowded their way onto the workbench along with another regiment of Zulus… we shall see.

6 comments:

  1. Boy, the detail is nice and fine! And your storm troopers (plus some other pieces I have been saving with you in mind) are on their way. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bob! I think I have some stuff I can send your way too - if you can't use it surely someone at the club will (or you could donate it to the Mayday auction)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too wish sometimes for ye olde figs that had so little detail that a belt pouch was considered a bonus.

    Love the cool palette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my players are gonna flip.

    I love the sculpting on the darksword figs, I wish they had female adventurer figs that were a little bit less flying-dual-wield-fantasy, these are the most conservative ones they have.

    btw, tim et al, I came up with some *very* simple system-independent rules for "managing" a warband of 5-20, less than 2 pages including examples and explanation. (one of our PCs is a sort of generic migration-period thegn type and so he's got some guys.) i'll let you know if it keeps working, might be good for the back end of a skirmish-rules campaign or tourney day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, uhm, does this mean my Descent miniatures are getting close to the table?

    ReplyDelete