Saturday, April 23, 2011

Still More Zulus with Guns


The last of the Zulus with guns… well… for now… I have a bag of another 30 on the way from Old Glory.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


Like the last batch these are all from Wargames Foundry.

I had five (FIVE!!) Zulus wearing British officers patrol jackets… which seemed a bit excessive so I painted a few up in varied colours – which may or may not be quite so historical… there were a number of volunteer mounted militia types involved - some of which may have had blue, green, or brown-ish tunics with cording… anyway, that’s what I’m saying those odd coloured ones are…

Hopefully these lads will see some action tonight! Shortly thereafter there should be an After Action Report over on Savage Timmy’s Playhouse!

And, just to keep you guessing…


I also finished up a solitary Sci-fi figure. This chap is from Games Workshop® (painted by Tim Brown and is © Games Workshop and pictured here entirely without their permission). I think he may be a character from some penal unit set or something…. I got him in an ebay lot of assorted Imperial Guardsmen.


A handy little piece of terrain useable in just about any time period where someone may be defending a camp… I think it was from a Reaper Miniatures pack…? If I recall correctly I bought the pack just for the shovel which I needed to convert a figure for a player in a rippers game that was a grave digger and carried his shovel everywhere…

Now I just need some tents... I was thinking about cratch building a few... but then got looking at these ones available from Renedra...

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Definitely getting started on the hobgoblins next… I had briefly thought of knocking off some Riflemen and/or royal artillery crews for the Spring Thaw Napoleonic Painting Challenge… but I just don’t think I’m going to get to it this week…

5 comments:

  1. I have a couple of print-and-paste tents if you want me to email you the file? More colonial and modern then ancient. Nice camp fire--what a useful piece of terrain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's okay, Bob, I'm not a huge fan of hte paper terrain. I'm too much of a lunkhead - paper or carboard terrain just gets destroyed around here...

    (Thanks for the minis in the mail, by the way!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. woohoo hobgoblins! anybody with fond memories of 1st edition monster manual is in for a treat...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can definitely recommend the Renedra tents. They are very lovely. Bought mine at Salute last year, and really got a lot of mileage from them since.
    This year I bought some of the Renedra gravestones, that also look very promising.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll second a recommendation for Renedra tents.
    I really like that Imperial Guardsman - the lasgun is recognisable - but would fit in any background really.

    ReplyDelete