Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The A Team


In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team…


The A Team is, of course, ©®™ and all that jazz of NBCUniversal Media, LLC… not that that stopped Wargames Foundry from making “The B Team”…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


I’m a sucker for this pop culture icons turned into wargames minis…

I may have to run an “A Team stops the zombie apocalypse” scenario on Savage Saturday one of these days… Maybe they’ll team up with Jack Burton

Zombie scenarios aside… I was thinking in a Savage Worlds scenario involving these guys they would have to have some sort of edge/special ability whereby they could shoot at people and if they were hit they would be automatically shaken – but could never actually be wounded. Likewise, any one in a grenade or other explosive burst template would be automatically shaken, but never actually wounded… and all their weapons would count as heavy weapons – so they could affect vehicles and any vehicle (car... helicopter... tank... whatever...) they hit would, without rolling for damage, crash, flip over and explode (but only after safely ejecting all passengers… who would automatically be shaken…).

Now I just need to find them a van…

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Um…

I did START on some Zulu War British last night…

10 comments:

  1. Great figures and nicely painted too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somewhere in the blogosphere I read about a campaign where BA Baracus teamed up with Michael Knight, MacGyver, and Jessica Fletcher to battle a grown up Vickie (the girl robot) from "Small Wonder" who was trying to take over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pity da foole who uses house rules; stop that jibba-jabba!

    ReplyDelete
  4. speaking of... I was thinking B.A. Baracus should have a "pity tha foo" special rule/ability and Hannibal Smith should have a "I love it when a plan comes together" rule/ability.... But I have no idea what...

    Maybe when Hannibal Smith draws a Joker any other members of the A Team within 5" can act on his card (and gain the +2 to all rolls)...?

    ...and the "i pitty da foo'" rule could simply be a +2 bonus to an intimidation roll - if the player says "i pitty da foo'"...

    ReplyDelete
  5. And of course BA would have to have the fear of flying hindrance, Murdoch would have every gadgeteer edge know to man, and Face would have some sort of ability to win over female enemies...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when a plan comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice, a bit... irrelevant perhaps but nice!
    I was wondering if there is any future for your ak47 republic stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  8. irrelevant...?

    As in not relevant to what I "SHOULD" be working on (Zulu Project/Vimy/something else...?)? Or not relevant to miniature wargaming in general?

    Everything moves in cycles - I will return to the modern African stuff at some point. I may or may not use AK-47 Republic with them. Might use Cold War Commander. Might use something completely different - I can't imagine what... but it could happen...

    I find it hard to get rid of stuff because I know that someday... could be a year... could be five years... could be a decade(!?)... I will eventually come back to it and kick myself for getting rid of it.

    Except for 15mm stuff. That stuffs junk. I'll never paint that again... (well... than again...).

    ReplyDelete
  9. The A Team and Jack Burton vs zombies?! I'd play that in a heartbeat!

    Gordon

    ReplyDelete
  10. If only I could work in The Wolverines and make it all Cuban paratrooper zombies invading Colorado...

    ReplyDelete