Wednesday, April 15, 2015

British Chindits for Bolt Action


I have put together a small force of Chindits for Bolt Action. Here's what I've got:

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


Chindit Force – 670 points (so far…)


Patrol HQ: CO (1st Lieutenant), Sergeant Major, Batman/Runner/Siganller
(Veteran Lieutenant plus two extra Veterans) 116 points



2” Mortar team (part of the Troop HQ, technically, but is considered a separate team for Bolt Action)
(Veteran Light Mortar Team) 46 points



1st Section
Sergeant (SMG), Bren-gunner, 6x Riflemen (Including Bren No. 2 – all SMLE)
(Chindit Section, 8 Veterans, 1 SMGs, 1 Bren LMG) 143 points



2nd Section
Sergeant (M1 Carbine), Bren-gunner, 6x Riflemen (Including Bren No. 2 – all SMLE)
 (Chindit Section, 8 Veterans, 1 Bren LMG) 140 points



3rd Section
Sergeant (M1 Carbine), 7x Riflemen (SMLE)
(Chindit Section, 8 Veterans) 120 points

Other elements of the column:



Medical Aide and wounded
(Veteran Medic +1 veteran) 43 points



Vickers MG team(s) – somehow I ended up with TWO of these!? I guess if I ever expand the force to two platoons I could make use of them both…
Veteran MMG Team @ 65 points



Mule Team
No real rules for these… I suppose I could us it as an objective marker of some sort or add it to the Medic’s team…?


Some Bolt Action figures are available singly and I had hoped to place a small order and pick up a third Bren-gunner (and some others) to fill out the sections. Unfortunately the Bren-gunner doesn’t seem to be available anymore – as a single figure – so this is it for now.


At some point I might add a PIAT team and/or Boyes ATR Team and a 3” mortar team. I could even see adding a complete second platoon – of either Chindits or Gurkhas. I could also see adding a Forward Observer team –either air or artillery – for some of the bigger actions on Operation Thursday


Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

The French

3 comments:

  1. Very nice job, great diversity of the poses and splendid paint job, MG teams and mule are my favorites...

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it just working on some thing slimmer

    ReplyDelete