Monday, May 7, 2012

Panzer Crew, Heracles and a Beggar


I haven’t been doing so much painting this past week. I’ve been reading a lot - graphic novels mostly
but I did finish up a few things last night…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)

A Panzer Crew from West Wind Productions.

Heracles from Wargames Foundry - wearing the skin of the Nemean Lion.

A beggar from Warlord Games - from a pack of “Roman Civilians” but I figure he could pass for a beggar in any western ancient to medieval city…

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

The closest things to completion are some more Foundry Greek Gods and a pile of Centaurs… Like, enough to finish up a DBA/HOTT army… 

3 comments:

  1. Nice work my friend. Can I just ask what are you using for your bases for your 28mm stuff? I need to get some. I'm stuck painting commissioned Lord of the Rings stuff at the moment but as soon as the projects completed I want to get on with my Vietnam stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    I base all my individually based 28mm figures on metal washers. Is that what you were wondering...? Or how I finish them...? If the latter, I usually after painting I "GOOP" the bases - apply a mixture of white carpenters glue (or sometimes acrylic gel), dark brown paint, sand and railroad ballast. When that mess is dry I dry brush a lighter brown, then tan, then paint-on matte varnish. when that's all dry I glue on some static grass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim:

    Sorry I missed this post earlier; but great looking panzer crewmen (who can resist Prussians in black). I've always liked Foundry's Greek ranges - still need to acquire some of these mythologigal guys. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete