Tuesday, January 26, 2010

SPARTANS!!!

PREPARE FOR GLORY!!!

So some time back I was trying to gauge what folk around here were most interested in playing so I could decide what project to work on next and Jackson indicated he might like to do a SPARTAN DBA army. I mentioned that our mutual friend Mr. Bertolini had actually modeled and moulded a generic hoplite some time ago and that’s all he’d really NEED for a Spartan army – 12 stands of Spear. So John has been casting up Spartans and handed a few to me to paint up. I thought I’d help Jackson along the way by painting a stand of Spartans for him…


These, as mentioned were modeled, moulded and cast by my friend John Bertolini. Because of their dynamic pose I wasn’t able to quite get two full ranks on to the base. Even as they are there’s a bit of the figures bases bulging at the back of the stand but that should be able to be hidden with some careful application of static grass and shrubbery….

I probably shouldn’t have done any basing details and left that to Jackson – so the base of this stand would match the rest of the stands in his army…. Ah well, he can repaint it and then add whatever kind of details he wants. I couldn’t just hand over a blank base with a bunch of guys glued to it!?

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

A couple of stands to finish up a pair of Seven Years War DBA armies...

just... don't ask...

No comments:

Post a Comment