Thursday, February 21, 2013

Mujahideen


I think this may be the biggest batch of 28mm figures I’ve ever painted… usually I work on squads of ten or so… sometimes units of fifteen… maybe twenty… I have done a unit of thirty-two once or twice… But this week I sat down with fifty (50!) Mujahideen and painted them all without being distracted… or finishing up half and leaving the rest for later…

I’ve been on a bit of an Afghan kick lately. I watched Afghan Luke, the Beast, and Charlie Wilson’s War (all for the first time) recently. I also dug out the 9th Company and watched it again. I’ve also been reading Ted Rall’s to To Afghanistan and Back and the Osprey Histories book on the Soviet-Afghan War and listening to Morgan Spurlock’s Where in the World Is Osama Bin Laden on CD… and I have a few others that have risen to the top of my “to read” pile…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


Here’s the lot of them… Most of them are Mongrel Miniatures, though there are a few Eureka Miniatures and the casualties are from Brooks Miniatures…

Adding them to the ones I already have…


These guys are ready to defend their country (and the faith!) from infidel invaders! (There are additional ones from Mongrel and Eureka as well as a few from The Assault Group and Devil Dog Design)

I need to fix up my generic mud-brick village and make some more terrain… 

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

I need to switch gears and build Top Malo House if I'm going to run that scenario on Sunday!? I guess if I run out of time on that I could always have an asymetric engagement in the 'stans... 

I should have a couple game reports up over the weekend as I'm planning to play another game of Bolt Action on Saturday and then the 9th Annual Wargaming Birthday Bash (Force on Force) is on Sunday! Huzzah! 

5 comments:

  1. SERIOUSLY?! Did you do all of these in one sitting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Not one sitting! I did them over the space of a few nights... but usually I'll work on groups of 5-10 or 15... very occasionally more (like 32). I'll finish off that batch, then I'll start another... Here I started with 50 base-coated dudes on Sunday evening and painted them all as one big batch - i.e. did the flesh on all of them, then the gun metal on all of them, etc, etc... until I finished them all up at, more or less, the same time....

      Delete
  2. 9th Company is a great film.

    Lovely figures by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW that is impressive. And they look good!
    I looked up 9th Company, I had not heard of it before. At least now I know where Mars got their box art :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great unit, very impressive!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete