Sunday, January 17, 2016

More Elves for Dragon Rampant


I found a few more figures I could paint up to finish up a couple of units for Dragon Rampant. All are Elves from West Wind Productions that I’d originally picked up to make elements for Hordes of the Things (actually, now that I think of it, they were picked up for a short-lived 28mm Warmaster project that quickly turned into a 28mm Hordes of the Things project…). They came in unit boxes of 24 so for each I planned to use 18 for HoTT elements and the remaining six would be individually based for skirmishing/role-playing. A few of them were painted eight years ago - One of the batch of three HotT Elements and the leaders of these two units. I couldn’t find when I painted the other three axemen, but I imagine it was about the same time.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


Elves with Great Swords – all but the champion are newly painted. I figured these could be fielded as Elite Foot for 6 points.


Elves with Great Axes – two of the guys without helmets are not.  These could also be fielded as Elite Foot for 6 points.


I also have these Wood Elf War Dancers (I think I actually have a total of 18 now). What could I field them as? Bellicose Foot? Three reduced model units (6 figures each) of Bellicose Foot?

With the Elite Elf Archers @ 6 points (for Light Missile, Sharpshooters, Reduced Model Unit), three War Dancers @ 4 points each (Bellicose Foot, Reduced Model Unit), and the two units of Elite Foot above @ 6 points each. I have 30 points worth of Individually based figures I could field as part of Elf Warbands…


Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Swashbucklers seem mostl likely… but who knows... I might find some other fantasy stuff for Dragon Rampant to finish up... 

3 comments:

  1. Great figures Tim. Looking forward to seeing the warband

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely figures! Had our first game yesterday....great fun. Love the introduction of Strength Points...it meant we both played 32 point Warbands with just a dozen or so figures each. Makes the game even more flexible than it already is.

    ReplyDelete