Tuesday, May 29, 2018

More Scots for the English Civil War

Taking a brief break from all the 40K stuff, I decided to finish up a few more Highlanders for a game of Pikeman's Lament I am hosting this evening - so I could bring back Robert MacRame! This small lot means I can now field THREE units of Highland Clansmen. I have enough minis to do another two!



These are the newly painted fellows. Most are from Old Glory, but there's one over on the right that isn't... but I'm not entirely sure where he came from...?



Here is Robert MacRame and all his clansmen (so far!). As I mentioned I have minis for (at least) two more units of clansmen... Ideally I'd like to have six at some point - then I could field an entire company of them (technically I could have eight - if all the units in the force were considered clansmen - but currently MacRame and his personal bodyguard are fielded as a "Forlorn Hope" which is worth twice as many points as a unit of Clansmen)



MacRame and his clansmen backed by a few Irish mercenaries - this is the force I'll be using this evening... Not quite a full 24 points. Perhaps I'll have to upgrade the Irish...

Stay tuned for the after action report of this evenings shenanigans.


Coming Soon to Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog:

First will be a report of this evenings game... then perhaps a round up of all the games played in April... then back to painting updates....?

I have a LOT of stuff on the workbench... Terminators for Space Hulk, a Mouse war band for Burrows & Badgers (The Girl picked it up with some of her birthday money, so I though I'd put together a war band of my own to play with her...), some Napoleonic Rifles and Seven Years War British infantry (planning ahead for Rebels and Patriots), other assorted sci-fi bits and bobs for Rogue Trader, a few Tallarn and Drukhari for 40K, a couple of Shadspire war bands for John, and I'm sure a bunch of other stuff I'm forgetting about... I probably need to clear it off and get focused again.


8 comments:

  1. Great to see more of your fine work on the ECW project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jonathan! Hopefully I'll have some more in the not-too-distant future!

      Delete
  2. Another bunch of lovely highlanders! That's a varied mix of options to paint, you'll get it done, I'd just dither,I have to be pretty focused or nothing gets done!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! More Scots are always good. I hope you enjoy/ed the game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THey look superb...and determined!

    ReplyDelete