Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Converted for Combat

I spent the evening converting a pair of models from Copplestone Castings – in between working on some other things – These two women are from Coppelstone’s Future Wars pack FW21 Citizen Militia 2. I picked them up for Amanda to use in a couple of Modern-ish Military Savage Worlds skirmish games.

I basically added webbing. I had though about trying to model on a Kevlar vest and maybe convert the cap into a Kevlar helmet… but then decided not to. Anyway I was rather pleased with how they turned out and wanted to take a pic of the finished conversion work so Amanda (and you, my readers) could see what I did before I painted them as she’s in Ottawa this week and they’ll be done before she gets back..

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)





I may yet do a bit of sanding and or carving on them tomorrow when the "Brown Stuff" is hard... but you get the idea.

Okay so they were ready for combat to begin with and thus weren’t really “Converted for Combat”, I just added more GEAR. I just liked it as a title….

2 comments:

  1. Good job on the conversion! You just made it completely from "brown stuff"? Why did you use "brown stuff" over "green stuff"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Randy,

    I like the... uh... plasticity...? I'm not sure that's quite the right word. But I think it works a bit better. I doesn't always stick quite as well as green stuff but that's as much a blessing as a hinderance. Green stuff always sticks more to my tools than to what I actually WANT it to stick too! I also like how it can be worked after it hardens - iI find it easier to carve and sand without making a big mess.

    I've had Darren order in some Kraftmark ProCreate Sculpting Putty - hopefully that arrived this week - and I'm going to give that a try too.

    tim

    ReplyDelete