Thursday, February 23, 2017

Post-Apocalyptic Soviets


Another little distraction from the Vimy project… I’ve been working on these on and off over the last couple of weeks – during painting downtime – while waiting for glue or primer or finish to dry… or at the end of a solid eveneing of painting after finishing off a unit (as a “treat”).

The figures are form Lead Adventure Miniatures  - though I ordered them from Magister Militum. I’ve been wanting to pick some of these up for a couple years now – pretty much since they first came out. From the moment I spotted them I thought they’d be perfect for a Twilight:2000 game. I have a pile of the adventures. I thought I could use Flying Lead or Mutants and Death Ray Guns as a simple system for combat resolution and bolt on some skill resolution system…

 I also have the KGB pack.

I finished up a few of these a couple weeks ago and even used them in a game of Mutants and Death Ray Guns already… of course… most of them died… Of course that was just one-of game to try the system out – they will all be resurrected when we get to starting a proper campaign. And now I have a bigger pool of guy sto choose from or use as replacements as guys inevitably die…


(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


Post apocalyptic Soviets from Lead Adventure Miniatures.


Here is the whole gang together.

I’m definitely going to have to pick up some more packs of post-apocalyptic types from Lead Adventure Miniatures. I’d also like to pick up some of their Astropolis figures – they’d be great for a Rogue Trader campaign.

(I also kind of just backed the Dwarven Gold Fever Kickstarter - because I apparently don’t have enough Dwarves!?)

The nice thing about backing kickstarters at the moment (as opposed to ordering new toys) is I can dream of future fun, but know they won’t show up until after April and cause any further distraction…


Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Canadians… Seriously… I had a good day of assembling things yesterday – gluing figures to bases, assembling trench mortars, etc… 

10 comments:

  1. Oooh! Nice! Never seen these figs before but they're brilliant. More to add to the wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm never sure if I should say "you're welcome" or "I'm sorry..." when I bring new figures to others attention..

      Definitely check out Lead Adventure's other stuff - they also do some VSF and historical Renaissance, modern German commandoes and other odd and sundry bits (and there is the Dwarven Gold Fever kickstarter - on right now!)

      Delete
  2. They look great, at least it's khaki or something similar!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done Tim! I think I picked up some of the sets from them. They are like Scavengers, Igor & the Red Gang sounds familiar. Now you have me wanting to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know you have a problem when it takes someone else posting figures on their blog to remind you that you may have bought those same figures at some point...

      Totally never happened to me ever...

      Totally... never...

      Delete
  4. They look great- love the aeshetic.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete