Thursday, January 23, 2020

More Blackstone Fortress and other 40K stuff

I've been sick this last week and production has slowed, despite not actually going out or doing much...

Still here are a few things I've managed to finish up!

First a few things from Blackstone Fortress...



These are Spindle Drones - thought to be part of the Fortresses own defence mechanisms.

I've come up with a new way of doing the bases for the Blackstone Fortress minis. While they're not perfect, I'm a lot happier with them than with previous attempts. So much so that I've redone part of Jainus Draik's base (see below).



Three new explorers - now I have four done - If I can finish up the basic baddies, we can start playing!



Espern Locarno, Imperial Navigator




Amallyn Shadowguide, Asuryani Ranger



Shadowguide's background is that she is from the Biel-Tan craftworld - but rather than paint her in the Biel-Tan colours, I painted her in the camouflage of my own Biel-TIM fleet ranger camouflage!



Crusader Gotfret de Montbard - this fellow is actually from the Excalation expansion (yes, I've bought expansions for the game without actually playing the base game!?)



Janus Draik, Rogue Trader



glitchlings - from Warhammer 40000 Kill Team: Rogue Trader (remember that!? Yeah, still working on those! This year, for sure, I'm going to finish them up and PLAY through those scenarios!)



Finally a Commissar from Victoria Miniatures. I wanted to finish her up to use as the Commissar in the Wrath & Glory adventure I've been running the family through, in case they somehow manage to drag the Commissar into the action. (They probably won't, she is pretty busy with her own job, but if enough Exalted Icons were rolled on a persuasion or intimidation roll... she could be convinced...)


Coming Soon to Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog:

I've tried to clear the paint desk of all things other than Blackstone Fortress... but a few other things linger (Noise Marines!) - Painting-wise, it will probably be more Blackstone Fortress minis... as much as I'd LIKE to get on with those Noise Marines, they're going to require some thought and planning, so... they'll likely get shifted off for the time being...

Other than that... I still have a lot of bad guys to paint before I'll get started PLAYING Blackstone Fortress. There could be Hellboy or Necromunda game reports in the not-too-distant future...? (If I can ever get over this cold and invite some people over to play!) Maybe even Kill Team (I've been feeling that itch again...).

In a week there will be a round up of the games we've played throughout the month. There have been few... not LOTS, but a few...

11 comments:

  1. Excellent painting! My favorite is the commissar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.

      I've been trying out a mix of techniques with these - incorporating more washes, and making use of GW's Contrast® paints, mixed with my traditional methods... some I'm happy with... others... less so...

      They're done, though, and I'm moving on!

      I just LOVE Victoria Miniatures. Generally speaking, I am not fond of resin models... but I'm prepared to set aside that dislike when the models are so fun and/or interesting.

      Delete
    2. Oh, yeah. I really dislike resin models! I prefer the heft and detail of metal. Plastic is "okay", although I'm not fond of having to assemble multi-part plastics (but can be a good source for "bits" and are pretty easy to modify and do kit-bashing). But, as you say, sometimes if a model is fun/interesting enough I might make exceptions.

      Delete
  2. You really paint up some cool stuff, Tim! Love your camo work on the ranger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely characters, excellent work, I really like the navigator and the scout,although the commisar is splendid too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Iain. The Navigator is bizarre-looking fellow!

      Delete
  4. Nicely done Tim, I do like your camo on the ranger. This is another game I've snagged (such a sucker for skirmish) & like you bought all the expansions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I haven't bought ALL the expansions! The Traitor command seemed a bit much even for me... though, when we get playing... IF it's a lot of fun and we're looking for more... I would consider it.

      and maybe the Zoat!?

      Delete