Monday, March 4, 2013

More Modern Minis- Cold War British, Soviets, Geezers, etc


A few new things rolling off the workbench this week. Progress is slowing some as we’re starting to do some cleaning and organizing in preparation for some major renovations this spring/summer….

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


A few more Cold War British from Mongrel Miniatures - the two Carl G teams finish out the requirements to turn my platoon into mechanized platoon.


A pair of Soviet Naval Infantry – also from Mongrel Minis. I just painted these up for giggles with some spare Soviets I had… Hmmmmm… it’d be fun to have a whole platoon of these…. (doh!)


A Contractor from Hasslefree Miniatures


Finally some Geezers and Cops from Killer B Games “Geezers, Shut it!” line. I thought these looked fun when I first spied them… well… some time ago. Recently they offered a "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!" Deal (one of each miniature in their line-up) which I decided I’d take advantage of.

Now most of you with any sense are probably wondering “What the heck do you need 1970s British TV cop show characters for!? Well… my rationalization was this – I’ve got a bunch of Cold War British and Soviets, and I’ve always been fascinated with Red Dawn (the original…) and in that they mentioned that NATO had dissolved and Europe was “sitting this one out”, but Britain was involved (“but they won’t be able to hold on long…”). So I’ve often thought of doing scenarios set in the same fictional war set in England – and these would be perfect for civilians and “insurgents”… (in fact I did a number of Soviets invading Scotland when we were playing Cold War Commander)

What would a gang of British teenage guerillas call themselves…? What would they shout while standing on top of a burned out BMD with their captured AK-74 raised in the air instead of “WOLVERIIIIINES!!”?

“ARSENAAAAAAL!”?


Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

More Cold War Commies and Geezers… Maybe some Zombies…? Something modern-ish and apocalyptic... 

1 comment:

  1. Great work, Tim - your Soviets have me thinking again about something... ;)

    ReplyDelete