Saturday, March 31, 2012

Amazon Psiloi!

The bulk of my Amazon Army arrived this week from Wargames Foundry. This army was, ostensibly, to be for my daughter to play with (As Amanda already has a Army of Warrior Wimyn of her own). I thought the girl would be all excited – seeing as how she’s all about the Greek legend and pretty excited about… well… y’know… GIRLS… (Every story we read she makes up her own version involving only women…) But when I presented the idea to her, though she thought it was pretty cool, she decided she’d much rather have her own army of undead…

Well then…

Fair enough… I’ll be getting started on those straight away! But in the meantime, here are a few Amazons…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)



This will be a stand of Psiloi (when playing DBA… not sure what I’d classify it as in HOTT…?)



I did the rest of the pack based individually for skirmish gamin’

Here’s what the army will eventually look like (including all options)

1x Hero or Knight General (Amazon Queen in chariot)
1x Magician or Cleric (Priestess at altar – alternately this could be the “camp”)
6x Spear (Amazon Hoplites)
2x Bow (Amazons Archers)
1x Auxilia (Lighter Spear-armed Amazons)
1x Psiloi (the Amazon slingers above)
1x Cavalry (Amazons on horsies)
2x Light Horse (Amazon archers on Horsies – one stand is actually Skythians)

Plus there's a fair few left over for skirmishy/role-playing adventures

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:


Gosh there’s a lot of crap on the workbench… and this is AFTER a big clean-up… There’s Greek Hoplites… There’s Amazons… There’s West Franks…. Undead… Queen Victoria with a double-barreled shotgun… Egyptians… and a pile of other stuff that’s snuck on there at one point or another that I thought I’d quickly finish up… and then didn’t…

3 comments:

  1. Strangely my daughter wasn't interested in a HOTT army I did for her either (some Maya - it's her name). But she has HOTT armies of her own now, and her favourite is still basically an undead army; the Pumpkin King's Halloween Hordes, with which at the age of 9 or 10 she beat me in a tournament. In front of all of my friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful figures and great paintwork Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work. I'd say they are shooters or lurkers in HoTT.

    ReplyDelete