Which got me thinking I might do one of mine in a similar pattern. So I spent a day or two, while still assembling, messing around with some different pattern ideas.
I finally settled on one and started painting away... I have to admit at first I was thinking I'd made a horrible mistake.
As I got closer to finishing the area I was painting with the pattern - and especially as I did some the gilding on the edges - I started warming up to it.
Part of me feels like maybe it's too many different colours and/or I should have made the hexagons bigger... but at this point I'm leaving it and just going to have to live with it.
I still haven't settled on what weapons to kit this one out with. It's not even entirely goes together at this point. The main body is just sitting on the legs and the carapace and shoulder guards are just sitting on the body at this point.
Coming Soon to Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog:
I'll hopefully finish this beast up within the week. I have a few other random 40K minis I'm trying to finish up - mostly stuff I'm going to be using with Blessings Unheralded, the Wrath & Glory quick-start rules and introductory adventure given out at Free RPG Day.