Saturday, August 10, 2013

Imperial Guard, Mantic Marauders, and Ramona


The kids are at the folks, Amanda's away at a yoga retreat so I've got a few odd items rolling off the workbench this weekend…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


First squad of some Imperial Guard Cadians (from Games Workshop) that I recently picked up off ebay dirt cheap-ish and repainted… I ended up with four whole squads a platoon command and a company command. I thought these would be easy to paint with the kids. 


A couple of “Marauders” from Mantic Games that I thought might make good opponents for the Imperial Guard. Again, I thought these would be easy to paint with the kids…. Like the zombies – it doesn’t matter if they look a bit “rough”... unfortunately Mantic minis have a bit more detail on them than your average GW figure. The price was right, though. My friend Mr. Miller hooked me up with 20 of them that he was never going to get around to painting in exchange for continuing to cut MDF bases for him, and then I found this big’un and another platoon box of 20 in the 50% off bin at the Dragon’s Den - so we now have 40 or those to paint up as well!


And finally Ramona Flowers… Who had nothing to do with Imperial Guard or Space Ork Marauders… I just happened to be watching Scott Pilgrim vs. the World last night and though… “Hey, I should finish up that Ramona Flowers mini I picked up from Hasslefree Miniatures a while back” since, y’know, I had photo reference material bouncing around the screen in front of me…

In some other gaming related news… the game schedule and information is up for ToonCon 2013 (20-22 September 2013) and I will be running a game of Ambush Z on the Friday evening and Force on Force on the Saturday evening. I haven’t really worked out scenarios for either yet, but I’ve got a month, so… I will also be helping out with Wargaming Nineteenth Century Europe 1815-1873 on Saturday afternoon.


Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:   

Um…? I should get a few Space Orks done, then I could play the game I've been planning to run for the kids... then...? 

4 comments:

  1. Great stuff, Tim - really nice work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking troops, Tim. I'm thinking of starting on a Space Marine unit - never played 40K, but starting to like the look. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean. Can't wait to see the Marines you do!

      Delete