Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Necromunda: Walls, Doors, and Karloth Valois

This past week I've mostly been working on Necromunda stuff. In particular walls and doors.



These are what the walls are looking like on the game board.

Both here and elsewhere, a few people have asked for close-ups of the wall graffiti, so, here you are...



End/Corner Bits Side One

I have about 24 of these...? Maybe 26...? But I'm only taking pictures of the ones I've done some graphiti on. I didn't do a LOT on all sides as at least two of the sides will always be covered. Same goes for all the others.



End/Corner Bits Side Two.

See what I mean? Some sides get nothing.



End/Corner Bits Side Three



End/Corner Bits Side Four



Long Wall Sections Side One



Long Wall Sections Side Two

These are also a bit of a work in progress... I may still paint something on those two blank ones...



Long Wall Sections End One



Long Wall Sections End Two



Short Wall Sections Side One



Short Wall Sections Side One



Short Wall Sections End One



Short Wall Sections End Two



Karloth Valois - Infamous Rogue Psyker of Necromunda - with the ability to telepathically control the brain-dead zombies affected by the Neuron Plague!



Space Rat! This is a Vermyn model from Mantic Games. My friend John picked them up for me to paint for him to use as a Chaos Cultist gang for Kill Team or Necromunda! I have a bunch on the workbench that are very near completion. I thought the weapons Mantic provided looked goofy, so I've replaced his gun with one from a Skitari model of some sort. Maos too the rest I just put Ork weapons on...

(This is the reason for all the Horned Rat tags on the walls above).



DOORS! Some from the Necromunda box set, some from Rogue Trader. I finally decided just to quickly knock them off so I can use them. Didn't bother with Graffiti on these. They're basically a base coat, and then sloshed with an ink shade, and that's about it...



Nothing at all to do with Necromunda... a Cthulhu Idol from Reaper Bones. I just happened to finish it up this week... Then again, maybe it WILL show up in the deep dark Underhive...?


Coming soon to Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Sweet Jupiter, it better be some Necromunda game reports...

13 comments:

  1. Lots of great work there!

    I bought a bunch of the Battle Systems card terrain for Core Space and other sci-fi skirmish gaming. But I'm tempted to make my own wall pieces and other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I had to look up the Battle systems card terrain - as I hadn't heard of it. Holy Mackerel! That looks pretty elaborate!

      My initial thought was; Wouldn't that be flimsy? But we played with piles of buildings from Warhammer Townscape for ages, back in the day - and they survived a great deal many battles and a fair bit of abuse...

      Delete
    2. Yeah, it's good thick card, so I think it will hold up well. It's also modular so you can make all sorts of configurations, and the range is pretty extensive so there is lots of variety. Both for interiors and for buildings for exteriors.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful walls, they are very effective indeed,thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really smart looking graffiti, nice psycher and space rat!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look fantastic Tim! Be sure to add your own 'TAG' to them there art pieces 8D!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry!

      They're kind of ALL my tags, though, aren't they...?

      Delete
  5. "Bite The Wax Tadpole" Chinese translation of Coh Cah Coh Laa ... Cool :-)
    Most excellent grafitti!

    Regards, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thanks Chris! Glad somebody caught that one!

      Delete