Friday, May 16, 2008

Back to Sculpting

After a brief (or… not so brief…) hiatus I finally got back to work on my New Masters.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


The two on the left of the picture are French Troupes de la Marine and a Canadien habitant militia. I did a bit of caving on the English figures, and added belts to a couple – nothing significant enough to include in the picture. It’s too bad it’s not a better picture – I’m really happy with some of the details I put on the Militiaman.

The little guy is a 20mm 1980’s Canadian infantryman – and he’s more or less DONE! (Guess I better order some new rubber!) I’ll probably add a rifle sling yet. I can’t decide if I should do a second riflemen… and SMG… and GPMG… On one had this guy wasn’t all that hard, on the other… I am a lazy bastard….

The big shiny guy is a doll my friend John made for some mid-late 19th century 40mm toy soldier-ish figures. He gave me a couple and asked me to do the British. I’ve carvd some of the unnecessary bits off and have applied the hose tops for a HIGHLANDER!! I’ve been feeling the itch to model some kilts again since I started following Fitz-Badger’s work on his own lovely jocks on The Soweiter League Blog

As you can see I’ve been experimenting with “brown stuff”. I think I like it a bit better than the “green stuff”. I think I might try and order in some ProCreate to give that a try. Conveniently it is carried by Military Miniatures USA - one of the distributors my Friendly Local Game Store deals with!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention! :-)
    Looking good so far! I always like your little 20mm guys. They look fun!
    I have some brownstuff, but I think it's more expensive than green. It does have it's advantages - easier to carve or sand, good for sharp detail.
    I also have some procreate, but haven't tried it yet.
    Keep us posted on your progress!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete