Thursday, March 17, 2011

Boers


Just… don’t ask… It seemed like the thing to do at the time.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


These are Boers from Black Tree Design.

I have about two more units of this size too paint up, which I’ll probably do fairly soon. I don’t actually have any historical opponents (i.e. Colonial British in khaki). But I figure until I do these guys could be passed off as any number of armed civilian types from about 1880 to 1940, or so; Any sort of European settlers in Africa (right up to German volunteers in East Africa during the Great War), Irish Republicans, Russian Civil War Militia, WW2 Partisans, Very British Civil War militia, Europeans volunteers defending the foreign legations on Mars… Perhaps some of them I could even pass off as Metis for the Northwest Rebellion of 1885…!?

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Elves, Boers, Zulus, British, Martians, etc.

I am feeling the urge to play some more tabletop battles… so maybe there’ll be a battle report in the not-to-distant future.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice as usual.

    You seem to do a lot of BTD stuff. I admit they make very nice miniatures from what I've seen.

    Do you buy direct from BTD? I tried a couple of time and it was an unmitigated disaster for the reasons everyone else seems to quote - lack of service, response and delivery. In the end I just gave up...

    Cheers,
    Millsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A project that slipped in under the radar? Lol, sounds like my workbench. They look great and would certainly do in a pinch as Metis...nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the BTD stuff I have I've picked up off ebay.

    I've read a number of similar horror stories on forums and a friend of mine ordered stuff from them and it took six month to get his stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are cracking!Very well painted.

    Cheers Rich.

    ReplyDelete