Monday, June 3, 2019

Lelith Hesperax and Dwarf Wizards

The painting pace slowed a bit this weekend. I had to take a bit of a break. I was tiring of the Hellions (and Drukhari in general) so I splashed a bit of paint on a few other things and I even managed to finish up a few of thems Saturday evening! (I often keep a few other things around the workbench for just such an occasion - when I want to paint something but just getting sick of what I've been working on).



Lelith Hesperax - a Drukhari named character. Lelith is a succubus of the Cult of Strife.

She'll probably end up being used as a "Counts As.." mini in a detachment using the Cult of Strife rules. This may or may not be used in the upcoming tournament. I may finish up one of the regular generic Succubi for the force Finnegan's going to use.



Dwarf wizards from Lead Adventure Miniatures. I actually painted the female wizard some time ago, but repainted her dress as I didn't like the colour. It was originally painted blue, but that just wasn't working for me (and besides, I also painted another pair of Dwarf Wizards in blue).

I like this pair. I feel like I could build a Frostgrave warband around them... Not sure what TYPE of wizard just yet! Any followers still playing Frostgrave? Any suggestions?


Coming Soon to Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog:

NOT DWARVES! I think I got that out of my system and am ready to push forward with more Drukhari!

14 comments:

  1. Nice palette cleanser. LOL

    Nice painting, too. I have a soft spot for the little guys, like dwarves and hobbits/halflings. Next up for me IS more dwarves. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Me too - on the little guys. I have a hobbit and TWO dwarf Dragon Rampant armies in the works... well... they WERE in the works at some point... If I'm being totally honest, they're kind of on hiatus at this point...

      Delete
  2. Beautiful minis! Love the dwarves, have a four from LA too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michal! Everything from Lead Adventure is just so fantastic and full of character.

      Delete
  3. Nice looking dark Eldar character and really good pair of dwarf wizards,Frostgrave? No, not for a couple of years thinking about it,did quite like it!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, I've completely lost track of what's going on with Frostgrave. I didn't even pick up Ghost Archipelago - which is odd, because I have a PILE of pirate stuff that would probably work great with it.

      Delete
  4. Well, I just placed an order from Lead adventure. :)

    If I were to get into any of the Frostgrave kind of games I'd probably go for Rangers as it is designed for solo play, which works better for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! Which ones did you get? Or do I have to wait until they show up painted on your blog as a surprise?

      I haven't looked at Rangers of Shadow Deep yet. I was actually thinking of getting it for Finnegan. He's really gotten into solo adventuring lately and has been playing a LOT of Four Against Darkness.

      Delete
    2. Well, as a teaser - short ones. ;)

      I like Four Against Darkness (although the rules take some paging around to find stuff). There are a number of supplements that I keep thinking about getting, mostly so I can sort out which parts of each suit the kind of game I like.

      Delete
    3. Ha! Well I'd figured that much! I'll just have to keep an eye. on your blog in anxious anticipation!

      I think Finnegan has just about all the Four Against Darkness stuff. He's join Facebook group and is even play-testing one of their new products. He's even run it for friends as a co-op game.

      Some of the classes he's told me about just crack me up - like the "Unicorc" - half unicorn, half orc... or the one that's half orc, half gelatinous cube!? I'm not sure how that even works, but he swears it's an adventuring class in the game!?

      Delete