Saturday, November 13, 2021

Kill Team: Imperial Fists - Scouts (Detachment-Xn)

After nearly two months of not painting anything, I got busy this week and started working on a few things. Mostly I've been assembling things from the Chalnath box set (which, I get it, is absurd, considering I haven't even finished ANY of the Octarius box set... for what it's worth, FINNEGAN bought this set, and I'm assembling and painting the T'au for him - along with a bunch of other T'au he's had kicking around for some time). 

One thing I DID finish this weekend was an Imperial Fist Scout Sergeant I needed to finish up a Scout Kill Team. This is a reorg of Detachment Xn. The previous incarnation was lead by a Space Marine Captain and Sergeant in full Power Armour... The new Kill Team doesn't, currently, allow for the mixing of different types of Marines, so I acquired a Sergeant and painted him up to lead this team

Sergeant Reece - Imperial Fists Scout Sergeant

The Scouts of Imperial Fists - Detachment-Xn 

  • Sergeant Reece - Scout Sergeant - Chainsword, Bolt Pistol
  • Brother Moran - Scout Warrior - Shuriken Catapult (as Boltgun), Fists
  • Brother Zadir - Scout Warrior - Boltgun, Fists
  • Brother Mennod - Scout Warrior - Boltgun, Fists
  • Brother Lorgok - Scout Warrior - Bolt Pistol, Combat Knife
  • Brother Thrun - Scout Warrior - Bolt Pistol, Combat Knife
  • Brother Kalz - Scout Warrior - Bolt Pistol, Combat Knife
  • Brother Fornel - - Scout Warrior - Bolt Pistol, Combat Knife
  • Brother Teraq - Scout Warrior - Astartes Shotgun, Fists
  • Brother Bekurt - - Scout Sniper Warrior - Scout Sniper Rifle, Fists

Ideally I would like to pick up a couple more snipers. All of these are metal miniatures and I don't care to mix metal and plastic within units (or Kill Teams). I don't think there were ever any Scouts with Heavy Bolters of Missile Launchers made in metal, so I won't be adding any of those to the unit... But a couple more snipers might be fun... 

6 comments:

  1. Looking good. I nice assortment of different poses and equipment, tied together nicely with the color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good looking bunch of scouts,nice sergeant, pretty sure I had a scout with a heavy bolter at one time?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Ha! Yeah, I'd never seen them before, but I just found one in a lot with a team of metal snipers on ebay... and they weren't TOTALLY unreasonably priced.... soooooooo.... The team will have some sniper AND heavy weapon support soon-ish!

      Delete
  3. This killteam with all the different vintages of figures comes together nicely.

    I was going to say that I know that there are a couple of different heavy bolter scouts, but looks like Caveadsum already did, and further that you already bought one ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I bought them from a Canadian seller, so hopefully they'll be here quickly - and they'll probably just to the top of the queue upon arrival. It'll be nice to knock those off and have these DONE! (though I have so many others to work on... it's nice knowing one thing is DONE and I don't need to do any more ever again....!)

      Imperial Fists, that is...

      I actually have a kill team of White Scars Tactical Marines in the works...

      Delete