Sunday, September 17, 2023

Chibi Dwarves

 

A pair of weird chibi Dwarves I picked up a few years back. I can't even remember HOW I even found these... I think they were from an online store in... Russia...? and were dirt cheap. I got four bags of ...? LOTS like 50? or 100? there were dwarves, Orcs, Skeletons and Knights and I got a bag of each in each back there are about for or five poses, and then the reverse of each pose, and a few of each pose...? I think it was five different poses and the reverse of each (which makes 10 diferent poses) and then five of each of the poses - making 50... Yeah, that makes more sense.  

Originally I think i may have been thinking I might have enough to make a few units for Dragon Rampant? If there was 50 in a bag, that really isn't enough to make Dragon Rampant armies, so I'm guessing I was thinking that if they didn't suck, I'd order MORE of each? (Or maybe it was; If these ever show up and I don't totally get ripped off, I'll order more?!). That's just not going to happen now, so maybe they could be used for a fun Song of Blades and Heroes game...? But, in that case, I probably have way too many. 

They are similar in size to the Super Dungeon Explore miniatures. Perhaps I could find a way to integrate them into a game together? Again, Song of Blades and Heroes comes to mind. Though I have noticed that Ninja Division has their OWN small scale miniature skirmish rules to use Super Dungeon Explore miniatures with!?

Somehow these two dwarves stuck on the painting desk when all they others have been squirrelled away in drawers. I also finished these up on Sunday - along with the Rat Ogors... 

58 more miniatures to paint in the next 105 days to have painted more than I acquired this year... (assuming I don't BUY any more minatures!?). There are 15 weeks left in the year. If I did four per week (as I've done here) that would be 60! 

4 comments:

  1. Cute little guys, nicely painted! These are the kind of minis that appeal to me. :D
    Sometimes I just buy minis because I like how they look, with no ideas of how I might ever use them in any games. (but may come up with ideas while painting them; or not)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost always buy miniatures based on how they look!? Then sometimes I buy other things to fill out the rest of the army!

      Delete
  2. Great looking pair of dwarves, currently not buying any figures for the foreseeable future, let's see how that goes!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I... I went ahead and bought something?! But... THERE WERE CIRCUMSTANCES!?!?

      (more on that in the next post...)

      Delete