Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Fall Terrain Painting Project

 Hasn't been much going on around here, game-wise... trying to wrap up a terrain project that's been going on for FAR TOO LONG - the 1:1 scale endless basement renovation project... It's been a DECADE that we've been chipping away at renovating the house and it feels like we've been in constant upheaval since... First was the roof and upstairs and insulation... then the kitchen... finally the basement, which had some momentum a few years back and then ground to a halt... and then Amanda decided this was the year it was going to be FINISHED!!!

In october it got to the point where drywalling was complete... and that's where I stepped in to do the PAINTING! 

Painting... 

Finished drywall before I got going on it... 

Drywall... 

More Drywall... 

STILL more drywall... 

You get the idea, right...?

Looking into THE BLACK HOLE... basement storage room (which was not renovated). 

Okay.... just about ready to go... 

Not sure why I uploaded so many... 

Now when give and blank wall and paint, the 12-year-old that pilots my brain is always tempted to scrawl rude words and drawings all over the place, but luckily, this time... 

Nope, nevermind, there it is... 

Ugggghhhh... Why am i like this...? 

Hmmmm.... 

Going to need a few coats for that room.... 

Oh, and it wasn't just the ONE room/colour... 

I am nothing, if not inclusive.... If I'm going to go and draw dicks on teh walls, it seems only right.... 

yeah... 

I... Just... 

Anyway.... 

Okay, fun time over.... time to get some actual paint on the walls... 

The hall and what was the kitchen is this lime green... it looks more yellow-ish on my computer screen... it is more lime-grean IRL. 

Hall

Kitchen... or what WAS a kitchen at one point... but is now being referred to as "studio" or "hobby project room"... 

Bathroom. 

Also bathroom. 

Looking from hall into bathroom

apparently one of the minions is moving downstairs... I'm not sure I'm super excited about the idea... but I guess it's a thing. This is their room. 

After I was done with the painting, the contractor was back installing flooring 

... and cabinetry (ikea boxes - I assembled, contractor installed) 

Door on the shower. 

bathroom vanity (again, from ikea - I assembled, contractor installed) 

Things are really moving along fast and it actually feels like... it might ALMOST be OVER!!?!?

Yesterday morning the countertops went in... 

I guess I better get building some drawers and doors!!

Will we ever see and end to it all!? Will the game room actually be accessible BEFORE the end of the year!? WILL WE ACTUALLY START PLAYING GAMES AGAIN!??!?? Amanda assures me all of these things will happen... 

I'm not going to hold my breath, or anything like promise there will be more content on this blog soon... 

I might do some stocktaking and reassessing and maybe it's time to ditch some stuff that I'm never going to get to. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm doing a bit of 1:1 painting but it's mainly touch ups and wooden floors, we learned from the last house , where the work took years and years to try and get this one done faster, especially as it was in a worse state, still looks like you've broken the back of it and it will all be over by Christmas!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "it will all be over by Christmas!"

      Where have I heard that before...?

      (Thanks Iain!)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the laugh! Not that your art work is laughable, but the subject was! Got a backlog of renovation stuff to do hete, too, including a game room. I keep hoping the lottery will come through for me so I an hire out all that real world work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob! Some people like being handy and fixing their own homes it like a hobby for them. I am not one of those people.

      Delete