Friday, March 19, 2010

Morgan’s Maruauders


Seven new recruit’s for Morgan’s Marauders. This is the mercenary unit I’m using all these Viridian Commando’s and Imperial Guard Catachans in (like the sentinel and these guys)

Morgan's Marauders are a rival mercenary unit operating in the same sector as K's Kommandos. "Rival" because they just always seem to be operating on the other side. Also Colonel Morgan (and his crew) have a special hatred of K's Kommandos and Commander K in particular (Commander Karla "K" Reynolds has a "Major Enemy: Colonel Morgan" hindrance). This is because Colonel Morgan believes Commander K ordered the execution of some of his boys that were taken prisoner waaaaay back on Darkton X.... What really happened...? Who knows... But the Marauders will take no prisoners when they're fighting K's Kommandos!!

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


The figures are Viridian Commandos (not to be confused with Viridian STRIKE Commando’s – which I’m using for another unit…) from I-Kore’s Void game. They are apparently still available from Scotia Grendel.

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

I think I’ll go back and finish up the rest of the Strike Commandos… then maybe some more of these… Or maybe some Pulp adventure or Victorian Horror…. Or maybe some ECW cavalry….

I did win another batch of Kryomek Aliens on ebay yesterday – which will bring me to 25 of the little guys, six of the bigger baddies, and two HUGE baddies… so as soon as those arrive I’ll be painting them up… then I’ll be all set for a big ol’ bug hunt!!

Actually I have quite a haul of ebay goddies arriving soon… mostly sci-fi stuff, but also a couple packs of West Wind’s Vampire Wars stuff. After that I’m going to have to lay off the toy purchases for some time…

I’ve also been doing a bit of re-basing… bringing older stuff up to current standards and sizes…

2 comments:

  1. Nice stuff; your camo is really good. I find it hard to do scaled-down camo. Your ebaying makes me envious; I'm trying to paint down the pile right now!

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your E-bay searches must be top-notch. You are always finding great stuff for 'cheap'

    ReplyDelete