Thursday, January 26, 2017

Deniable Assets


I did get the three battalions I hope to paint this week based, and primed and gooped. While I was waiting for the goop to dry (or set…? Whatever…) I knocked off these thre modern operators from Spectre Miniatures

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


Three Operators from Spectre Miniatures.

I just picked these up last week from a local fellow that posted them on the Saskatoon Miniatures buy and sell facebook page. He apparently got them and some others and the Spectre Ops rules in a kickstarter. I’d seen Spectre Miniatures and thought I’d definitely like to check them out when I get back to working on modern subjects, so when these (and the others) showed up I couldn’t pass them up.

The proportions are very naturalistic – which makes them a lot slighter than most 28mm miniatures these days – and their poses are very dynamic. They look like they mean business. Unfortunately their gun barrels are very thin and probably won’t last – that long suppressor on the marksmans rifle has been bent 90° twice already – I’m sure the only thing holding on at this point is the layers of paint, primer, and finish… broken rifle barrels drive me CrAzY!? Especially ones that are so slight they simply cannot be repaired. I also got some SAS Jungle Operators and some GRU Spetznaz with these guys. (at least one of their rifle barrels is broken already! GRRRRRRR!!!)

Here they are next to some of the other modern figures I have…



I also got the Spectre Ops rule book with the figure lot. I don't know that I'll ever play them, but it's a fabulous book to look through - just for all the full-colour photos of all their pretty miniatures!


Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

I’ve actually finished up the first of the three battalions of Germans for this week. I may or may not post them in the next day or two (I may just wait until the entire regiment is done and post them all together on the weekend…?).

10 comments:

  1. Very nice work on those figures. Really useful size comparison as well, thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking modern types.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Tim, I like the dynamic poses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. use a piece of wire to replace the gun barrels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have on some - but that's of no use when the stock is too slight to drill into! And trying to remodel a foresight and the return chamber on a Kalashinikov is a HUGE pain in the ass!

      Delete