Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Week of Terrain

I’ve been building terrain this week. So far I’ve finished some stuff for my mud-brick village. I am loather to refer to it as my “middle East” village because, really, it could be used for anything from Algeria to Chinese Turkestan, and Mos Eisley to Shadizar…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


The new sections.

2
These will add some new dimensions and options for the village from a wall surrounding it to dead end alleyways…


more angles… and some 28mm modern figures for size reference


yet another angle… Hmmmm... I should have put figures in all of these pictures - each from a different era/region/genre... ah well, hopefully you will see the versatility in the AARs to follow!


I am also in the process of making a bunch more ruins and rubble. This I planned on doing more grey to have a more “euro” masonry and concrete rubble look to it.... Or I could paint them all sand and add them to my mud brick village collection... nah, I want to do some Stalingrad street fighting and some rummaging through the ruins of Mordheim looking for Wyrdstone...

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of buildings and walls and ruins/rubble! Looks like it'll be very versatile, with enough pieces to cover the table for an extensive "town" battle or skirmish. Looks good, too. Simple, but nice colors and textures. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the buildings very much. Perhaps when your time permits you could give a little tutorial showing how you did it. I suck at terrain and need all the help I can get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, second the demand for tutorials!
    What is the material you've used for the buildings? It looks like MDF or some other sort of particle board?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is indeed MDF.

    The bases are 1/8" MDF, the walls are 1/4" MDF. It's a bit more work but it is far, far, FAR more durable than foamcore!!!

    I'd love to put together some tutorials at some point. I just don't really have the time right now. maybe by the summer...

    ReplyDelete