Thursday, February 4, 2010

78th Regiment of Foot (Fraser’s Highlanders)

In an effort to get one more “British” unit done for this (last) evenings game I cranked out a battalion of Highlanders. These are the 78th Regiment of Foot (Fraser’s Highlanders) one of three regiments of highlanders raised to fight against the French in North America during the Seven Years War.

There is some debate as to whether they wore plaids of the government sett or the Fraser sett. I’ve gone with the Government sett (mostly because it’s easier…).

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


These figures are all from RAFM.

I actually have another stand worth of these to paint up. I think this was because in a few Orders of Battle for the siege of Quebec and the battle on the Plains of Abraham, the 78th Highlanders were listed as having considerably more troops on the roster… I’ll finish up the additional jocks later this week, perhaps, just to get them out of the way.

I located my Seven Years War masters. There’s New France Militiaman ready to be moulded and cast and the British Fusilier was finished but I didn’t like the placement of the sword – so I’ve torn that off an will have to redo part of him before he’s ready to be moulded…

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

I think I’ll work on some French Cavalry this evening… Or maybe finish up that last stand of Jocks…

2 comments:

  1. Nice stuff! So you might be back casting again come spring?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might be, yeah. I have a highlander of my own that I modeled and cast a while back. I'll probably cast a pile of those to make the 77th and 42nd Regiments. I'm debating whether I should model and make moulds for three officers and pipers... or just convert a couple of the mustekeers... or just BUY a couple command guys...

    I have a Troupe de la Marine figure half done and a British grenadier and officer started... we shall see...

    Of course then I also got thinking about making a couple generic War of 1812 figures that could be painted up to look like either British or Americans... feh! maybe I'll do that next year as 2012 draws a little nearer...

    ReplyDelete