Friday, October 21, 2016

Great War Officers and Casualties

No, not the 1st (Western Ontario) Battalion as promised – I have been working on them. I just happened to also be working on these concurrently and sort of finished them off first.

All the figures in this post are from Gripping Beast/Woodbine Designs.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


Two Canadian officers. The one with the red brassard is from the 2nd Division HQ, the other is from the 5th Brigade HQ.


A couple of 2nd Division casualties.


A couple of Australian casualties…


This figure is supposed to be another Australian casualty, but I painted it in such a was as to pass it off as a Great War Gurkha.


Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

1st (Western Ontario) Battalion, Canadian Expeditionary Force.

No, really… 

10 comments:

  1. Oh good, for a moment I thought they had been caught by a barrage while coming on line and been reduced to HQ + casualties...

    Nice HQ and casualty figures though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! No, no such disaster has befallen them as yet! I can't say they'll be safe when they finally hit the tabletop, however!

      Delete
  2. With your brushwork on the casualties, you are killing it! I know, bad pun...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's not so bad. My father is the king of bad puns. I'm afraid to open my mouth in his presence lest it give him an opportunity to reply with a real groaner of a pun. Because he will. Always.

      Delete
    2. I have come to realize that the Dad Joke is truly the highest form of comedy.

      Delete
  3. Excellent as always, the 5th Brigade HQ's officier is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking command and casualty figures, as always lovely painting
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete