Monday, January 15, 2018

Shadespire Bloodbound Warband and 40K Inquisitor/Ministorium

As I mentioned last night I have two batches of minis I've been working on the last few days.



First, the last of the minis from John's Warhammer Underworlds: Shadspire core box - the Khorne Bloodbounds (which I may have previously referred to as "BloodHounds"...?).

Normally I'm not keen on painting the edges of bases black,  but it seemed like the right thing to do here... I'm not sure why...?

The others from the core box can be seen here:

Stormcast Eternals Warband for Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire 

I also finished up some 40K Character types...



The inquisitor is a miniature I've had for about 25 years. I'm not sure I ever completely finished painting him...? A few years back I stripped all the original paint off of him and rebased and primed him and now, finally, got around to repainting. The others are more recent minis I've acquired over the last few years and finished up in hopes of making use of them in the Rogue Trader campaign I'm planning to run.

I tend to do a LOT of my imperial stuff - at least the Ministorium/Administratum/Inquisition - in RED and wanted to do a little something different for this inquisitor. I like this shade of Purple... I got thinking I'd like to do it on the handful of Chaos Space Marines and cultists that I have... which might cause some confusion...

I really like the Ministorium preacher figure - he has lots of stuff strapped to his back pack and looks like a regular adventurer that's ready for anything. I tried taking a few individual pics, but the lighting was crap and most didn't turn out.

That typing servitor looks waaaaaay too healthy... I should have made his skin paler... I may go back and change that.



I will include this one of the detail of the Inquisitor's sword. It's weirdly barbed and I wasn't sure how to paint it at first. I decided to try and go with a non-metallic-power-swordy look... Not sure if I'm quite happy with it... but it will do...


Coming Soon to Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog:

More 40K/Rogue Trader minis...

8 comments:

  1. Nifty models and brilliant brushwork, Tim! I cannot seem to be able to read the scroll work, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan.

      Might need the reading glasses for that one - I needed them to paint it - and it's in High Gothic, so....

      Delete
  2. That preacher figure is the one I modded for use in my Witch Hunter Mordheim band. Your right about his backload of goodies! Exellent work as always Tim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry!

      Did you carve off the Lasgun then? Replaced the chainsword with something a little less... chain-y?

      Delete
    2. Oh, and the grenades... seems you would have had to do quite a bit of converting!

      Delete
  3. Oh I just replaced that arm with a black powder pistol wielding one. As for the grenades...those are Holy Hand Grenades of Sigmar! Here is he http://miniature-mayhem.blogspot.ca/2012/07/mordheim-witch-hunter-warband.html in all his Sigmarite Glory

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blood bond, I really like the inquisition figures, it's the most appealing part of the 40K universe and these are excellent!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete