Monday, March 18, 2019

Return of the Red Redemptionists!

A month or so ago I picked up a few more Red Redemptionists of eBay and have been painting them over the last few weeks.



The new additions.



The whole gang.

Are they a "Gang"...? Or more of a Secret Society...? or Cult...? I suppose in Necromunda rules parlance they would have been a "gang", but fluff-wise there really more of a cult of fanatics. I wonder if they'll ever come out with new minis and rules for them in the new Necromunda?



Priest



Deacons



Zealot - Because wielding an Eviscerator isn't crazy enough... he's got a FLAMETHROWER attached to the bottom.



Brethren or Crusaders

These guys will most likely see action as baddies in Wrath & Glory - though I thought it might also be fun to field them as a unit of adepts in an Inquisitor's retinue in 40K - or maybe Kill Team, if they ever come out with rules for Inquisitorial Kill Teams (or perhaps I should say "WHEN"... I'm sure it's coming this year!)


Coming Soon to Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog:



Something Eldar...



Lots of distractions on the workbench... I've been back and forth on a few things. Dark Reapers and Wraithlords are probably the closest to completion.

18 comments:

  1. Your color choices and brushwork are terrific! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is really nothing like having a giant chain sword and then adding a flamer to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right!? He's CrAzY!? Conveniently, there are even rules for this in 40K now, thanks to Pious Vorne from Blackstone Fortress!

      Delete
  3. Excellent brushwork on all of these, Tim. I particularly like the flame on the priest's hat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dean! I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out as well!

      Delete
  4. They look great! Priest's hat is especially good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tim omg the flame work is out of this world, love how it pops! And the warpaint camo on the eldar walkers are fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Tom! Hopefully I'll have those Wraithlords finished up later this week.

      Delete
  6. Nice painting!
    Yeah, the lighter parts on the Priest really stand out with all the darker bits around it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have to admit the flames on the priests hood - and one or two of the stoles - are actually modelled on there. Had they not been, I probably would never have painted them on any of them. When I noticed it there, I thought; "Ugh, what a pain in the ass to have to paint that". I probably could have just not painted it an no one would have noticed... but because it was there I just had to do it, and so glad I did!

      Delete
  7. Great looking bunch of fanatics!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete