Saturday, November 30, 2019

The Dreaded Ambull Hulk

So I FINALLY got some of my Blackstone Fortress stuff done! Did I get some of the Heroes done? Nope. Did I get some of the generic baddies for beginner/basic encounters done? Nope. Infact, I painted three of the miniatures that are the LEAST USEFUL miniatures I need to get painted right now?! The Dreaded Ambull Hulk and it's two and Borewyrm infestations...



The Dreaded Ambull Hulk and it's two and Borewyrm infestations...

I ended up painting these because I was looking at pictures of it and decided "I could paint that with contrast paints and it would take next to no time at all..." And so I did... and it didn't take all that much time...



I probably spent more time trying to do something with the bases - which I'm not TOTALLY happy with... but at this point, I just have to say "good enough" and move the fuck on!

Probably should have added skulls to the Boreworm Infestation bases as well... just of a bit more contrast...



The Ambuls and Boreworms with their 'friends' the Ur-Ghuls... the only other Blackstone Fortress minis I've painted so far... that I painted nearly a year ago...

 A recent white dwarf included rules for using these in Kill Team. I could probably use, more or less, the same rules to include it in a game of Necromunda! If they weren't so CrAzY expensive, I'd buy another one and paint it white - and call it the Dreaded Albino Ambull of the Underhive!!

In other news...

I DID go to my FLGS yesterday for their Black Friday sale. It's the only place I ever really go for Black Friday (or Boxing Day for that matter). The only thing I picked up for myself was some bases and paints and green stuff and... well... Codex: Chaos Daemons... for... REASONS!?

I DIDN'T get any of the OTHER Blackstone Fortress expansions that I haven't picked up yet (even though I was THINKING about it)... like the Abominable Intellect cards... or the bonus Cultists of the Abyss or Servants of the Abyss (that are apparently required to USE the Abominable Intellect cards!?)... because even I realize it's silly to buy MORE for the game when I haven't even PLAYED it yet!?

Not spending any more money until Boxing Day when I go back for the Kill Team Annual and maybe Chapter Approved 2019... and maybe the rumoured Blackstone Fortress annual (I know... I know...) and the fancy new book about the Sabbat Worlds campaign by Dan Abnett.


Coming Soon to Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Well... a bunch of Hellboy miniatures migrated downstairs and are... CLOSE to the painting desk... There will probably be one or two more 40K/Necormunda items before I get on with those...

Oh and I'll probably post a look back at games I played in November (and October!?)

3 comments: