Thursday, April 1, 2021

STILL MORE Stormcast Eternals

One last group of Stormcast Eternals. This one isn't a Warhammer Underworlds warband. These are from the "Easy to Build Castigators with Gryph-hound" box. 

Castigators are the ranged support troops of the Sacrosanct Chambers. I picked these up to join Ironsoul's Condemnors (also members of the Sacrosanct Chamber) to make up a WARCRY warband. Also, GRYPH-HOUND!!

Technically, Stormsire's Cursebreakers are ALSO members of the Sacrosanct chamber... but I didn't have Nigthvault at the time I picked up the Castigators and didn't have any immediate plan to do so. Also, I think the wizards are all Leaders in Warcry, so I could only use one of them and it still may not have been enough to form a Warcry warband. 


Castigators with Gryph-hound


Castigator-Prime with Gryph-hound


Castigators


These are the options for the Warcry Warband. I think I really only need five of them - probably the three from Ironsoul's Condemnors and the two regular Castigors. Teh Warband would look something like:

  • Sequitor Prime with Stormsmite Maul and Soulshield (Leader) - 240 points
  • Sequitor with Stormsmite Greatmace - 185 points
  • Sequitor with Stormsmite Maul and Soulshield - 180 points
  • Castigator - 195 points
  • Castigator - 195 points

Total - 995 points

Wish I could fit the Gryph-Hound in there... 

So... Maybe I should PLAY some Warcry some day!?

All of the Sacrosanct Chamber models... I could use these as a small force in Age of Sigmar - WAY more than I'd need for a skirmish force (it's about 461 points in Skirmish, but forces are only supposed to be 250). Woudn't really be useable in competition or matched play, as units of Sequitors are supposed to be fielded in groups of five and Gyrph Hounds are supposed to be fielded in groups of SIX! regardless, a fun small force that could be used in Open Play, with a solid Sacrosanct Chamber theme going on.   


All the Stormcast Eternals, so far... 

Not enough for an army. I have no intention of ever fielding an army of Stormcast... but enough for some smaller scenarios using the skirmish rules or just small scale Open Play Age of Sigmar - or could be used in Age of Sigmar: Soulbound - if I ever got to play in person and the party ever needed some heavy-hitting back up... 

That's it for Stormcast eternals today... but I've got ONE MORE thing to post!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment