Thursday, August 21, 2008

Time Flies

Wow… Almost through August… WHOOSH!

Well I’ve been steadily chugging away at a few things for Cold War Commander. I’ve cast up a pile of Canucks - enough to finish off the mechanized battalion, and assembled a few Grizzlies. Here’s one of them:

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


The kit is from ACE models out of the Ukraine (if you can believe that!?). Like I said I have two more assembled, awaiting paint. I also have another yet to assemble and two more in the mail – so I will have a total of two companies worth of them in the end.

Hopefully I’ll finish the other two up in the next week or so, along with a company of infantry to ride in them… then I’ll have to have a BATTLE!!

I should get on with the rest of the M113s next…. or maybe some Leopards… Or painting some more T-72s… So much to do , so little time…


I also finished up a SU-25 Frogfoot to give my Russians some close air support! This kit was a 1/144 Academy kit.

I think I'm going to try and do all of my CWC aircraft in 1/144 - there's a lot of cool stuff available, it's relatively inexpensive, and doesn't take up so much of the table as some of the aircraft and helicopters can in 1/72...

Of course tracking down soviet helicopters in 1/144 is proving tricky. No Mi-8s that I can find so far. Dragon did make a Hind but it's out of production. I found on on ebay for $5.99US but the seller wouldn't give me a straight answer on shipping... she said she "tries to keep it in the states as ]she's] had trouble shipping to Canada"...? So you're not going to ship it to me? It said in the post that she ships internationally....? I don't think I've had any trouble with international shipments... (well, except FAA, but that's a whole different kettle of fish...) As master Yoda says; "Do or do not, there is no try..."

No comments:

Post a Comment