Monday, December 27, 2010

British Casualties – Seven Years War


Black Powder has arrived and I am really enjoying reading it. John and I are going to have a go at it Thursday. I thought I’d paint up these British casualty markers for the occasion – on the off chance the French actually cause some....

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


These are from The Foundry. I find it interesting that half the stands (and 2/3 of the figures in the pack) are wounded officers and their drummers carrying or dragging them off…?

The WW2 project is looking pretty derailed at the moment. I’m getting kind of excited about the idea of reviving my Quebec 1759 project.

That’s not to say I won’t still be trying to get them painted up over the next year or that I’m about to stop playing with the ones that are painted… I’ll just be going back and froth between them and assorted horse and musketry figures as suits my fancy…

The moratorium died, or at least was temporarily suspended, as I took advantage of the Boxing day sales at the Dragon’s Den (I even bought a few more WW2 GIs) and the pre-Xmas sale at Fantasy Flight Games - though everything I bought there was “pre-painted” (bunch of the soviet bloc robotic-power-armour-thingies)… AND ordered a pile of new things from Renegade Miniatures (their regiment packs and five for four deals are insane!?) and Front Rank Figures… of course after this past weeks expenditures I probably won’t be buying anything until the end of the original moratorium anyway.

Among the items I picked at the den’s Boxing Day sale were a couple new packs of green stuff and other modeling putties – hoping that I’ll get around to some modeling and casting again this year…

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Probably a report of our first Black Powder game later in the week and some evidence of head trauma that I have no recollection of...? (huh!?)

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see the officers paying for their crimes! Enjoy BP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hats off to your YEAR totals again Tim

    Excellent work :)

    ReplyDelete