Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Must Be All The Cold Weather…


…that’s got me thinking about arctic exploration and mountaineering…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


The two Explorers with rifles are from Copplestone Castings and the Mountaineer and Trapper are from Pulp Figures. The remaining figures from their respective packs are all at the front of the workbench and should be finished up shortly.

Perhaps they will have a run in with the Gebirgsjäger searching for lost secrets Beyond the Mountains of Madness

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

The rest of the Mountaineers and Artic Explorers. A minor diversion, yes, but all the “Pulp Adventure” stuff sort of fits in with the WW2 stuff… it’s all within a decade or so of the area of focus at the moment.

I’d like to say next is the rest of the T-34s and then on to some Germans… but some WW1 Turks have made it back on to my workbench…. I might just knock off a bunch of those before returning to the WW2 stuff. At least I'm still in the first half of the 20th Century!?

In other interesting news; I finally broke down and ordered myself a copy of Black Powder. Now, my pretty Frenchmen will be able to give John’s uncultured, backwater, Lutelandic thugs (on their funny-sized bases) the trashing they deserve! Huzzah!

6 comments:

  1. I really like the grey/buff color scheme these guys are sporting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Tim. I ordered my copy just last night. Now I have to start painting the thousand Russian Napoleonics that have been gathering dust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. [COUGH! SPUTTER!]

    Are those 15mm or 25mm Russian Napoleonics!?

    For some reason Naps never really caught my fancy. I'm probably going to use it for Seven Years War and Colonials... I could probably get talked into the War of 1812...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasn't the war of 1812 North America's little piece of the Napoleonic wars? I picked up Black Powder from Amazon when it came out, and I don't regret it.

    The rules aren't too bad, the the pictures and scenario reports are well worth the coin. And yes, the game requires copious amounts of figures to play... Insane numbers really, but the inspiring presentation makes it almost seem possible to build such an army!

    In any case, I love the Lovecraft theme here, looking forward to some insanity in the south pole on your Savage blog in the near future :)

    Good stuff.
    n.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cheers!

    You picked it up when it was $20, then, huh? I'm still kicking myself for not having done so... ah well...

    The South Pole insanity, unfortunately, won't be in the "near" future, though. I'd like to rekindle the Cthulhu campaign in the New Year some time. But everyone's pretty stoked on the East Front campaign at the moment (myself included).

    Once I do get the Cthulhu campaign going again I sort of had a decade long epic in mind wending their way through a number of published adventure/campaign modules I already have - a couple in the early 20s, Masks of Nyarlathotep in the mid 20s, all the Lovecraft County adventures in the late 20s and finally Beyond the Mountains of Madness in the 30s...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with everybody in this case, I'm quite enjoying the eastern front action myself! Either way, I can wait :)

    And yeah, it was $20 back then, and I'm sad to hear that it's not still $20! Oh well, it's easily worth $50 I would say.

    Thanks
    n.

    ReplyDelete