Friday, July 21, 2017

Scots Government/Covenanter Force for Pikeman's Lament

I finally finished off the last two units for my Scots Government/Covenanter force for Pikeman's Lament.

The two latest units are both horse. I'm not sure if they'd be classed as "trotters" or "gallopers"? They're 4 points each either way... All the figures in the two units of Horse are form The Assault Group



Horse Unit #1 - these have some command figures, so they could be fielded as the commander of the whole force. Trotters or Gallopers - 4 points



Horse Unit #2 - Trotters or Gallopers - 4 points



The entire force so far - about 34 points worth of stuff (give or take). Some could be upgraded or downgraded depending on the situation.

Below are some new pictures of the rest of the units in the force.



Forlorn Hope - 6 points

Figures from Dixon Miniatures



Shot #1 - 4 points

Figures from Dixon MiniaturesThe Assault Group, and Renegade Miniatures.



Shot #2 - 4 points

Figures from Dixon MiniaturesThe Assault Group, and Renegade Miniatures.



Pike #1 - 4 points

Figures from Dixon MiniaturesThe Assault Group, Perry Miniatures, and Renegade Miniatures.



Pike #2 - 4 points

Figures from Dixon MiniaturesThe Assault GroupPerry Miniatures, and Renegade Miniatures.



Regimental Gun - 4 points

Figures from Warlord Games.

Now to get these guys on the table!!

Despite the fact that I should really be getting on with some Jet Bikes(!) I've been working on some more stuff for the English Civil War. Civilians, mostly - for a few units of "Clubmen".


12 comments:

  1. Wow! Crisp and clean brushwork. Nice, nice, nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan! I'm pretty excited to get them on the table! Hopefully some time next week!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful job on each of them...but I must admitt that regimental gun's vignette is my favourite, superb and unusual...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking covenanters, the mix of manufactures works well, I do like the assault group cavalry not that I can justify getting any!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain! I am very pleased with the Assault Group Scots as well. I find some of their stuff to be "hit and miss" - some figures in some lines have some really odd chunky poses (not that that has prevented me from buying some of those weird chunky figures!?). The renaissance Scots are definitely "hits" in my book, though!

      Delete
  4. Nicely done! Scots will be on my list after I've finished my English ECW armies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AJ! I'm torn as to whether I should make a push to finish of my English armies or finish of the mob of Irish and Highlanders I have for the Scots Royalist force... Though I know focussing on ONE would complete forces done quicker, I'll probably just plink away at one unit of each until I get close enough that I can see the light a the end of the tunnel and THEN focus and finish one or the other off.

      Delete
  5. Excellent! I agree with Philip about the gun vignette. Also love the cavalry and the pikemen and the forlorn hope and the whole army.

    What do you use for the pikes? Some of the Iron Mask dwarves have pikes, but they are molded on and so are softer metal and prone to bending. I know I could remove them and drill out the hands and stick a piece of brass rod, but I also like pikes to have spearheads. (oh, I wonder if I have any plastic bits I can use for the spearheads... I prefer metal minis, but plastic bits are good for modifying minis)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I use 19 Gauge steel wire I pick up from the local hardware store. I straighten it, cut it to length, hammer one end flat-ish, then cut the flat-ish bit at angles and file to a point. The spearhead on mine is just paint.

      Delete