Saturday, December 22, 2018

It Seemed Like a Good Idea At The Time...

The Reaver Titan hasn't even arrived (although, according to the tracking information, it is in Canada and left Mississauga yesterday and is scheduled for delivery next week some time), Ive gone and done it again...



In my defence, I'll point out these Armorcast beasties paint up rather quickly and it won't linger on the unpainted mountain very long... and these old Eldar Titans don't show up on eBay nearly so often as the Imperial ones. (I had also bit on a Phantom Titan that came up a month or so ago... still kicking myself that I didn't go a bit higher....)... AND I got it for about the same price as a knight - and much, much less than the current Forge World Revenant Titans!

I'm going to be able to have apocalypse games at home! Paired with The Girl's Wraith Knight we'll have some hard-hitting Aeldari that can take on my Imperial Armour!


In other news... 



the kids and I played a little Very Scary Solstice concert for some friends and family last night... (We played about 10 traditional Xmas carols - but had song books with alternative lyrics inspired by the writings of H.P. Lovecraft published by the HPL Historical Society). I've only just started learning to play the cello - like in September... and I've had six lessons... so I had a hard time keeping up with the kids, but there was so much loud singing and laughing, I'm sure no one noticed the garbled bits I was playing...

We're playing a second concert tomorrow with more traditional lyrics for other friends and family who... well... wouldn't understand the context of the other songs (or the sense of humour required) to really enjoy them...


Coming Soon to Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog:

I'm not sure... probably the last of the Grey Knights - Justicar Jeff finally arrived, and an as-yet-unnamed Brotherhood Champion and Brother Camptain in Terminator Armour...

I guess I'm not getting Mice & Mystics or the Rogue Trader sets done BEFORE Xmas...

10 comments:

  1. Your second paragraph is a wonderfully composed synthesis of excuses, justification and argumentative defences. I used almost the same terms when buying a Heresy miniatures Dragon.
    Well done on the music front I'm afraid I can't help my grandchildren to learn as I cannot carry a tune to save my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well,if they paint up fast,its well worth getting!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works in my brain... somehow...

      cheers!

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and your talented family, Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! Somehow I'm not surprised. :)

    I love the HPLHS Solstice carols!

    Have yourself a scary little solstice now. But be careful in the rare book room and don't read any of them out loud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The concert was really fun - so much laughing - as most of our guests had never heard them before they sang them!

      The Reaver titan arrived this afternoon - just in time to give it to myself as a little xmas gift to myself.

      Delete
  5. Haha, how thrilling to get yet another giant piece of resin! How many in an Eldar Maniple? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea about Eldar Titan Fluff...

      My plan for next year is to work on the Eldar I've been acquiring over the last decade or so... I have a "Brigade" detachment of them - so a smallish titan will be a fun addition to the force!

      Delete