Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Venomcrawler

Last week I picked up a Start Collecting Chaos Space Marines box. I immediately started putting together the Venomcrawler - as it just looked so wicked cool... I think I might try to work it into my force for Battleforce Recon next month by dropping the Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour. I already have a Daemon Prince and a Sorceress... Do I REALLY need a Chaos Lord as well...? Unfortunately I think I'll have to cut 20 points from somewhere else to fit it in...



Venomcrawler.



Lacking Sector Imperialis bases of this size, I tried to make it look like it was picking it's way through rubble strewn streets of an Imperial city, demolished by heavy fighting.



The thing is a Daemon Engine - part machine, part living-daemon-like-thing...?

It's not really THAT heavy of a Heavy Support option - in terms of firepower. It's no tank killer or anything... but it looks wicked cool, so...



I also finished up another Noise Marine - with a Blast Master! This is actually an old metal model - one of Fabius Biles Enhanced Chaos Space Marines with a metal blastmaster.



The Chaos Space Marine force - so far - not including Daemons (other than the Daemon Prince)

The Daemon Prince is currently the leader of the Chaos Space Marine detachment - currently working to build it up to a Battalion Detachment. The Daemons I see as a separate detachment. I guess the Daemon Prince COULD lead them as well, and the Chaos Lord could lead the Space Marines... I guess I'll worry about it if/when I ever play with that much stuff all in one battle (hopefully I'll get back to playing some APOCALYPSE games when the basement's all done! We'll be able to throw down some seriously epic Chaos versus Imperial or Chaos versus Eldar battles when I'm done here...)


Coming Soon to Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Probably some more Noise Marines.... I really need to try and focus on them.

Could also be more Blackstone Fortress game reports - I am excited about getting back to playing through that campaign.

I also like the idea of getting back into playing Necromunda and/or Kill Team again - and weaving a narrative between those battles... but Blackstone Fortress is easier - it's all there - shuffle deck, draw cards, play battle...

I've also been giving some thought to my 2020 Q2 plans - now that ToonCon 2020 is over - and might be posting those shortly as well...

4 comments:

  1. Not Khorne the one true Chaos God but nicely painted never the less.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!

      Khorne: BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

      Slaanesh: Ok, Boomer.

      Thanks, Phil!

      Delete
  2. Loving that colour scheme! That is such a rich purple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out as well.

      Delete