Wednesday, December 14, 2022

40K - CADIA STANDS!!!

 Or... so they say... 

This past month I've started a massive re-basing project in anticipation of the new Warhammer 40,000 (9th Edition) Astra Militarum Codex. I thought it would be released hot on the heals of the new Cadia Stands box set... and I'd be posting this, the first of the forces to be rebased, with its new Organization all spelled out... but this has not been the case. Despite the box set being released - with the SPECIAL EDITION of the new Guard Codex... the regular codex has NOT been released yet nor shall it be for at least another two weeks!? 

The entire force, so far, re-based. 

This is all the old Cadian/Generic metal Guard figures I have painted so far - which is MOST of them. There have been some changes to the way the Guard is organized in the new edition - it looks like Platoon Commanders are now a headquarters option and are part of a Command Squad  - as they were in (almost) all previous editions! (Unfortunately i STARTED this rebasing BEFORE I learned that and I based all the commanders on 32mm bases - as in 8th they were independant character models and I've started basing all such on the slightly larger bases... bah... not changing it now!)

Once the codex is out I'll break down the new organization and post better pics of each unit... 

I have a handful of other items to add to this force - a small squad of Kasrkins, extra elements for Command squads (the standard bearer), Primaris Psyker, etc. (the Tallarn are for Kill Teams). HOpefully I'll have these done by the time the Codex is released so I can include them in a Complete Force post. 

I also have Lord Castellan Ursarkar E. Creed, Colour Sergeant Kell, and Commissar Yarrick models, I got in a lot of Guard a year or so ago, which I thought I might get around to painting up for use with these guys - for "historical" battles...? Defending Cadia from the Black Legion, and such. Apparently all of these characters have been dropped from the new codex! 

The plan is to rebase all of the Tallarn and Guaiacan Commandoes onto plastic bases as well (as I'd been doing with the Aeldari earlier this year).

I have been up to other hobby business - MORE re-basing (of... OTHER things) - but more on that (and what I'm PLANNING for them!?) in another post...

2 comments:

  1. The blend of the different eras of guard worked out better than I would have thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's amazing what you can get away with when a consistent colour scheme is applied!

      Delete