I've been working on the Tomb Kings Blood Bowl team that came with the Third Season Edition box. I'd assembled and primed them all before I went on vacation. I had an idea for a colour scheme, but wanted to test it on a few models before I fully committed to a production line...
I LIKE IT! I'm pretty happy with how these turned out (as happy as I can be with anything I paint!?) and I'm going to paint the rest like this!
#12 Sitdjehuti and #13 Ahmose - Tomb Kings QUEENS Linemen...?
I've not settled on a name just yet... I was thinking of something inspired by the Valley of the Queens and name all of the team members after ancient Egyptian queens, princesses, goddesses and such...
I do like alliteration... so one idea I had was Malekāt Matrons (Wādī al-Malekāt being where the Valley of the Queens is located...)
Could also use Ta-Set-Neferu, the ancient name for the Valley of the Queens...? Maybe I'll compress that into Tasetnefru.
Tasetnefru Tumblers? Tasetnefru Tacklers? Tasetnefru Tacticians? Tasetnefru Ta-Tas? Tasetnefru Terrors? Tasetnefru Tornados? Tasetnefru Townies? Tasetnefru Tsunamis? Tasetnefru Talons?
Tasetnefru Tigers would have been fun... but I feel like I'd need to do them in orange with black stripes... and I ALREADY HAVE A TEAM LIKE THAT!
Or Malekāt Marauders? Malekāt Murderers? Malekāt Monkeys? Malekāt Magicians? Malekāt Mashers? Malekāt Mavericks? Malekāt Missiles? Malekāt Mustangs?
If anyone else has ideas, I'd love to hear them!
I also finished up two of the ball tokens that acame with the team
Canopic Jar Footballs!? I have to say, I think these are kind of fun!
I actually saw a few Canopic Jars on my recent trip!
The Canopic Jars are along the bottom.
For those that are not aware, during the mummification process, the organs were removed and placed in Canopic Jars - at least, the organs that they thought were imporant, like the Liver, Lungs, Stomach, and Intestines. I think the heart was left in - as it was the MOST important... and the brain was discarded...? Because the Ancient Egyptians didn't think it did much...?
I'll include more about where we encountered these in another post... at some point... maybe...





No comments:
Post a Comment