Thursday, July 23, 2026

Forest Shuffle and Doom Diver Catapult

 I bought a board game today. I haven't bought a new game in a while. 

Amanda and I saw this game in a game store in Amsterdam and Amanda thought it looked interesting, but it was the dutch version and I figured I could look it up when we got home and pick up from our FLGS - Dragon's Den Games. 

I did look it up and saw it was on the BoardGameGeek top 200 games (currently 151 out of some 179,400 games ranked on the website!?) and it has a few expansions already. I'm not all that interested in expansions... but if a game HAS expansions, it suggests it was popular enough that the publisher decided to capitalize on that and MAKE MORE of it! 

So I picked up a copy from the Den... 

While I was out and about, I also rode out to the Warhammer Store...

...and picked up the Doom Diver Catapult!

I mostly picked it up to add a Doom Diver to the Gnarly Gobbos blood bowl team... I was looking for older metal Doom Divers on eBay and most of the individual ones were going to cost me $50+... for ONE Doom Diver... (and would arrived somewhere between mid-August and mid-September...). Then I noticed that Games Workshop has rereleased the old Warhammer Fantasy Goblin Doom Diver Catapult... IN METAL... with TWO Doom Divers... AND a catapult... for $65 and could be shipped to the local store in a couple of days... so I did that. 

Now I have a Doom Diver to assemble and paint before my next game! 

AND a spare one...

AND a catapult I could put together and use in my generic goblin army!? 

Is the addition of this Doom Diver going to revolutionize my team and make me win any games!? I severely doubt it... Is it going to be silly and fun to launch goblins about the table and watch them crash and cause chaos!? By all the gods of Chaos and Order, I sure hope so!! 

(I also picked up some Green Stuff... I don't LOVE this Army Painter "ribbon" bullshit... but they never seem to be able to get the much more economical Gale Force Nine product anymore... I may have to look into getting some elsewhere next time I'm running out... or... maybe start looking into it NOW... BEFORE I run out again and just dash over to the den to grab more of this...) 

No comments:

Post a Comment