I'm a little bit behind on these! I've played TWO games that I haven't posted game reports for and scheduled to play a third (my fourth league game) on Monday! So I best get some of these DONE!!
In early August I played my second game in the Bridge City Blood Bowl League (technically it had been scheduled for late July... but things got away on us!).
The game was against another Ryan (as it turns out everyone - other than myself - in the Stunty Division are named Ryan!?). This particular Ryan had played in the Blood Bowl leagues I'd run using second edition, back int the late 80/early 90s!? The team he was playing was the Ctesiphon Crushers - which was the name of an ogre team he's played in a league that Mike had run (he took over after I stopped) set in the Old World lands of Araby!? So that was fun to catch up and take a little trip down nostalgia lane!
Unfortunately not the greatest picture of my opponent... when I got home and looked at my reel this was the ONLY picture I had of him!? Sorry...
Unfortunately they weren't the original models he'd used then, as his mom had thrown them all away years ago!?
While I was waiting for Ryan to arrive at the Dragon's Den, where we were playing our game, I took this quick team photo... 11 players at three cheerleaders... except I had TWELVE players on my roster!? One of the little nippers had gotten lost deep down in my transport case and totally missed the game...
Not that I imagine it would have made THAT much of a difference...
I did not take a lot of pictures and no notes - other than what was recored on the Tour Play app... which we didn't always record in a timely way and I still haven't really figured out how it all works... so... going with what little memory I have jogged by the few photos I have... my apologies in advance to Ryan if I have misrepresented anything below through lack of memory...
Things did NOT start out great for the Gnarly Gobbos as #28 Dagadyr, one of the trained trolls was ganged up upon and beat down hard by the Crushers Ogres... (luckily a SUCCESSFUL regeneration roll saved him from an inglorious fate!)
There was a bit of mucking about midfield... I forget who kicked off...? but as you can see the ball was loose on my side of the line, not sure if that was one of MY guys dropping it (probably)...?
But one of the Crushers little blighters picked it up and got chucked down the field - where he actually landed on his feet! The snivelling grot ran it in for a touchdown and the first drive was over in a turn or two (and my Chainsaw Loonie and Ball and Chain Fanatic were duly thrown out of the game for using illegal weapons - and I was playing with only nine players - luckily the troll was back on the field!)
Receiving the kick-off, #16 S. Maulfart, caught the ball!
Amazingly, he ran it up the field and successfully handed it off to #37 Icky Russ, the brand new Goblin Doom-Diver!
Other #3 Norg the Troll, resisted the urge to eat the Goblin and pitched him down the field!
who... did not get very far... and landed next to a gnoblar.
unfortunately, due to the Trolls terrible throw (and my inability to roll dice well!) "Icky" Russ did NOT stick the landing and dropped the ball... Which was scooped up by another gnoblar, who was, in turn, punted down the field... and ran it in for ANOTHER touchdown!?
Ooof....
Receiving another kick, #7 Bill S. Pestmaim caught the ball and ran it up the field, passing it off to his bestest buddy, Ted "Wildboar" Grogan.
#23 Dagadyr, the Trained Troll, threw Grogan down the pitch, who DID manage to land ON his feet and NOT shatter his knees...
and ran it in for a touchdown, clawing the score back to 2-1...
I THINK this is where the first half ended...
The second half was a bit of a slog as by that time we were BOTH down a number of players (each starting the second half with eight!) and just couldn't keep enough players up and moving to do much of anything!?
#48, Lil Bopper, the Goblin pogoer received the kick-off and went BOUNDING up the field dodging hither and thither... but did not make it to the end zone and was taken down..
Grogan gained control of the ball at some point and ran it up the field where he was tripped up by an ogre...
But then got right back up, snatched up the ball, and ran it in for a SECOND touchdown, tying up the game!!
There was a bit of back-and-forth for a few turns... The Gobbos kicked it off to the Crushers.
In a very dramatic fashion, the ball was wrested from the Crushers (okay, I think a gnoblar was thrown and did not make a landing, dropped the ball and it was picked up by the pogoer again...? Maybe...?)
As there was only a turn or two left in the game and many little gnoblars in pursuit, the Pogoer tried to push is and wiped out, dropping the ball...
Bill S. Pestmain rushed in to try and recover the ball and score on the very last turn... but was tripped up by a pair of gnoblars just before the whistle blew, ending the game!
At the end of the game gold was collected (60,000 gold pieces each!) and star players points earned. Somehow S. Maulfart ended up being my MVP...?
With some of those star player points, Norg the troll gained Strong Arm, which gives him +1 to throw team-mate rolls...?) and Ted "Wild Boar" Grogan gained Sure Feet - which allows him to re-roll a single d6, per turn, when attempting to rush!
None of my team was seriously injured, so I'd be playing with a full team.
One more game against a stunty team from my division, then there will be some interdivisional play!
Stay tuned - I have another game report to catch up on before my game tomorrow!



















No comments:
Post a Comment