Well last weekend I rolled out to the Warhammer Store and pledged not one, but TWO monsters I had that were still sitting in the Grey Mountain of Shame OPPORTUNITY!! One Lord of Change - that I picked up earlier this year in the Warpflame Cavalcade, and a Treelord (Spirit of Durthu) - that came in the Outcast Spitegrove that I picked up last November... (The Treelord is for Amanda to bring and play with).
Beast Feast is an event held at the Warhammer Store in the fall where you either buy a new Age of Sigmar Monster, or bring in one previously purchased that remains unassembled and unpainted, and pledge to assemble and paint it in the 5-6 weeks before the event, and then show up at the event with your finished monster model and do battle with it in a giant free-for-all...
I missed last year's Beast Feast, but I did participate in Tanksgiving (which is the 40K version of the event!) where I purchased, assembled and painted a Great Unclean One - conveniently playable in both 40K AND Age of Sigmar!
My work space has become rather cluttered - and stagnant - over the last while. Filled with half finished projects - the Tombkings Blood Bowl team that I was going to try and paint up for the tournament next weekend (but I have kind of given up on - the tournament, not the Tomb Kings team... it's just going to take a bit longer to get the Tomb Kings team done!), a Nurgle Team that I started for NEXT season, a PILE of things for the new Stargrave campaign (mostly rebasing, but a few new things...) and an assortment of other random things that worked their way back onto the workbench despite promising myself that I WOULD NOT have more than one (or two?) projects on the workbench at one time.
Admittedly, however, the chaos of a cluttered workbench sometimes contributes to getting little done because it is overwhelming and distressing to sit down at this and not even know what to work on or where to begin...
So the first order of business was to clear the workbench. This is a painful process for me because if something isn't right there in front of me, I tend to COMPLETELY FORGET IT EXISTS and I always worry that when taking half completed projects off the bench they will be forgotten about and NEVER finished...
Alas... it had to be done.
I do have a system of storing things in clear plastic, labelled boxes near the workbench - to help with the anxiety over potentially forgetting about them...
So where are we at, NOW, three weeks from Beast Feast?
The Sprit of Durthu is assembled and primed... I feel like this one is pretty straightforward and shouldn't take TOO LONG to paint...? Do I leave it for a bit and focus on the Lord of Change...? Or do I focus on just this for a day or two and just git'er done and not have to even think about it...? Or just work on bits of it concurrently with the Lord of Change...?
(Maybe I should dig out the OTHER TREELORD and do them BOTH at the same time!? Is that going to be TOO MUCH!?)
The Lord of Change is taking a bit more time... It is PARTLY assembled and partly primed... It will probably stay this way for a bit, because I think it will be easier to paint sub-assemblies of this one and then put it together. Like, trying to paint the whole thing - especially the wings - with the whole thing assembled just seems like a NIGHTMARE... so...
That's where we're at. (and... that might be it for THIS weekend as I have a 30 page philosophy paper to read for Monday as well as need to work on project for painting class - like, the other kind of painting...)





No comments:
Post a Comment