After class I wandered by the Dragon's Den to pick up a couple of things...
Sons of Russ is the latest expansion for Wrath & Glory - the Warhammer 40,000 Role-Playing Game... or, I guess... ONE OF Warhammer 40,000 Role-Playing Games...?
This book focuses on history and background and rules and archetypes for playing characters from the Space Wolves space marine chapter!? It seems kind of odd to have a book on JUST ONE CHAPTER... but at least it's not Ultramarines! Also, it happens to be the Chapter that Vera plays... so... we will have no shortage of minis to use if/when I ever get around to running a game with this!
Scinari Loreseeker
I do have a small-ish Lumineth force... not enough to actually BUY the Battletome or anything. It's basically the original Spearhead army... plus a couple other units and a few heroes and a Warhammer Underworlds Warband... half of it isn't assembled and NONE of it is even fully painted!? (a few things are CLOSE to being painted!).
The main reasons I picked it were that this is one of the four Lumineth characters you can play as a questing party in Warhammer Quest: Darkwater! Since already had two of the others I figured I'd put the party together for whenever we get to playing Warhammer Quest: Darkwater! The other reason was I noticed the Dragon's Den had not yet implemented the most recent price increase from GW (at least on this mini) nor had they implemented the previous one... and with the discount they normally give me, I effectively paid more than $10 less than I would have ordering it through the Warhammer Website!
I like the Lumineth. They're interesting minis - especially some of the characters - like this one.
I still have a Stargrave game report from three weeks ago to finish up....
Vera is coming over to play some Bolt Action tomorrow and then Ill have ANOHER game report to finish up...
Painting has kind of stalled, but I pledged TWO items for Beast Feast this year - one for me and one for Amanda! You either have to buy a new monster or bring in one previously purchased that you have not yet built or painted to pledge to build and paint it by... some time in October...? (about three weeks from now!?) and then all that have completed their models will convene and do battle!! I pledged a Tzeentch Lord of Change for myself and a Sylvaneth Tree Lord for Amanda... Ideally I should try and get them finished up a few days BEFORE the event so I we can face them off against each other and learn some of the rules and how to play them!
There was also a Blood Bowl tournament coming up the first weekend of October that I thought I'd try and finish painting the Tomb Kings and enter with them... but I have a feeling that's just not going to happen...



Prioritise the Bloodbowl minis. There are less of them and it's easily achievable. Especially if you don't sleep!!!
ReplyDeleteHaha!! I understand and approve on this sentiment!!
DeleteIt boggles my mind playing in a league where half of my opponents have almost entirely unpainted models!? WTF!? It's ELEVEN MODELS that you have to paint!? That's less than a single unit is so many other games?! There isn't even a painting requirement for the tournament next weekend... I mean... I kind-of-sort-of understand their idea - keeping the bar low so as to not exclude people when they are trying to build interest and attract people to playing the game and joining the league... but I feel like when you set the bar that low, no one ever bothers to jump any higher!?
That being said... I do have to sleep... and with limited time, I think I need to prioritize based on what I will NEED for upcoming events and games planned.
I do really want to participate in the Beast Feast as it will probably be an hour, two at most. I just don't think I have time for the full-day blood bowl tournament next weekend... (let alone the time to paint up the Tomb Kings I was initially planning to take!)
So I was thinking about this last night (and a bit more this morning) after I posted this.... and the painting priorities for the immediate future are as follows:
#1 the Lord of Change and Treelord I am painting for Beast Feast (three weeks away!)
#2 Things required for Warhammer Quest: Cursed City - Nemesis! this is a Necromancer, three Vargheists, and ten Grave Guard/Barrow Guard. Because I'd like to get playing this with the family again! (Ideally ASAP... but after the Beast Feast models... If I could finish it by the end of October I'd be happy - as that way we could start playing in November!)
#3 Things required for Warhammer Quest: Darkwater - because I'd like to play this after we finish up the Cursed City Nemesis campaign.... and it will be easier to justify purchases of the upcoming expansion(s) if I have the stuff for the base set finished! This could also include the Lumineth Adventuring Party and any expansions that come out in the coming months (if this could be done by the end of the year, I'd be pretty happy as I'd be ready to play whenever we finished up the Nemesis campaign!)
#4 Blood Bowl Stuff... First the Nurgle Team Im hoping to play in the next season (starting in January!), then the Tomb Kings (for me to take to the NEXT tournament -in the new year, probably march...? and/or for Amanda to have a team to play...?) and if I got all that done... maybe pick up a Dark Elf team (because I think Amanda would like the Dark Elves...?)
#5 Other Stuff... There will be other stuff... It may slip in BEFORE some of these things are done, but ideally I should try and keep as much OTHER STUFF off the workbench so as NOT TO GET DISTRACTED BY IT!!!
I do have a few re-basing projects on the go - mostly for the occasional Stargrave campaign we started three weeks ago (and I STILL haven't finished the game report!?) we won't be playing that again until after Beast Feast, so I don't need to worry about that much for now!)