Sunday, March 20, 2011

Zulu War British Mounted Infantry

Carrying on with the theme of colonialism and South Africa… I finished up some British mounted infantry for the zulu war. As I understand it there were two such squadrons in the earlier phase of the war that were raised from the regular infantry battalions.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


These are from Black Tree Design. I’ve painted them as soldiers from the 24th Infantry battalion – green facings on the cuffs – This was the battalion that was with the Third Column that was virtually wiped out at Isandlwana.

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Zulus? British Infantry (on foot)? Elves and adventurers? Autralian Light Horse (mounted and dismounted)? There are a few things polluting my painting table… I should clear it up and try to focus on one thing.

3 comments:

  1. Those are great Tim! I never know what to do with saddles and blankets on horses--you handled them very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work Tim,

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work! Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers
    Scullmeister

    ReplyDelete