Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Vikings & Victims


More Dark Age DBA stuff… The last stand I needed to complete a Norse Viking army. Now those of you paying attention will probably be wondering; “what do you mean ‘finish’? I thought You HAD a complete Viking army!?” Well, I do… It’s a long explanation but the short version is I actually have enough figures for THREE Viking armies… and I’ve completed a few stands for the other two and have been borrowing stands from said other armies to be able to field one complete Norse Viking army… As I said there’s a much longer explanation that would probably make a bit more sense (at least a little bit more) but I’d rather get back to painting…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


This stand of Norse Viking BLADE is made up of some really old Citadel miniatures and some not-quite-so-old Old Glory figures.


The old ones I’ve owned for about 20 years… they were previously painted – but, as with many of the “oldies, but goodies” I’ve been giving them Pinesol baths and stripping the old paint off and repainting them…




Some of the Vikings potential victims – These are Old Glory…



Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

I finished up two stands of Pre-Feudal Scots yesterday - the Cavalry General option and the Light Horse. I'll post them up tomorrow. Last night I was working on the Pre-Feudal Scots Psiloi and an army marker for the Welsh. I should finish them up today and then I'll get started on either the Warband Elements for the Scots, and/or the army markers for the Scots and Irish, or The stands of Anglo-Saxon spear I need to do - all of these are more or less primed and ready to go. The rest need some amount of prep work and assembly - mostly manufacturing of spears, drilling, gluing and priming...

7 comments:

  1. Great work Tim! And very timely, I have a few hundred Russ/Vikings on my painting table at the moment and need all the inspiration I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Tim, love the tartan on the poor chap with the axe in his head!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the centerpiece figure with the braid, hand on sword, and fur shoulders. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone.

    I like that one too, Mark. I think it was called "Young Chieftain" or something like that...? I've always imagined him being the Chieftain's son that's being groomed to take over for dad when he goes on to Valhalla...

    I have another one that's on a single base that I've used for skirmish gaming. He's painted almost identical. One guy I used to play with thought it was supposed to be a girl, and relentlessly insisted it was. I almost had to punch him.

    ReplyDelete